Is there any issues from having two different sized tires on my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about on the same axle. I run 37s on my truck and want to keep my 35 in spare under the bed for a rainy day. Outside of traction control and abs being really confused and triggering some lights, I can't foresee any mechanical concerns that would arise over a short drive?

Am I wrong?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about on the same axle. I run 37s on my truck and want to keep my 35 in spare under the bed for a rainy day. Outside of traction control and abs being really confused and triggering some lights, I can't foresee any mechanical concerns that would arise over a short drive?

Am I wrong?
Seems like it would mess up the axle. After a certain amount of time with one spinning faster I'm sure the axle would lock up. I know some cars have small spare tires but I don't think it would work too well on the truck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a rear went flat, pull a 37 from the front, install on rear, and the 35 in the front. The difference in the revolutions per mile because the diameter will damage the diff.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a rear went flat, pull a 37 from the front, install on rear, and the 35 in the front. The difference in the revolutions per mile because the diameter will damage the diff.
Front has the locking torsen diff? It'd get destroyed also right? Or is that only in 4x4?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edit: I guess it should only lock in 4x4

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do what CarmanKyle said.

never have two different sized tires on your drive axle. Especially with such a difference as 2 inches.