Texas to California road trip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duggy

Reaction score
I looked at it on Google earth; are the dry washes open for off-roading?

That area right off of 287 you are referring to has the Canadian River running right through it which has a public OHV area. It has some hill climbs but the real fun is where you can ride the river. I have seen some pretty bad stucks out there depending on the river conditions but the area is good for a half to full day of dirt under your tires. It's definitely worth it to wheel and camp (if you are camping) after you check out Palo Duro State Park.

Check out the groups Facebook page for more info
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1382479758677926/

10690140_10100537893860184_2498565403363901789_n.jpg

1922286_10100537894029844_4265099058159767864_n.jpg

Everything is off-roadable if you try hard enough!! (Check out Figure 3 ranch they do off roading things in Palo)

The figure 3 Ranch is private land and only available during Jeep Jamboree, or if you get special access from the land owner.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a waste of a dollar. Not sure what it cost now.

Come on now don't ruin it :ROFLJest:. It's still a dollar. I wouldn't recommend eating at the subway there either. Fly fest in there... I do the drive from Austin to LA 3-4 times a year. Never stop except to get gas.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Check out the Gila National Forest on your way out there. It is beautiful and I'm sure there is some off-roading to go along with the scenery.
That area right off of 287 you are referring to has the Canadian River running right through it which has a public OHV area. It has some hill climbs but the real fun is where you can ride the river. I have seen some pretty bad stucks out there depending on the river conditions but the area is good for a half to full day of dirt under your tires. It's definitely worth it to wheel and camp (if you are camping) after you check out Palo Duro State Park.
You also need the Texas OHV sticker if you go out to the River. I used to go out there frequently.
Here is a link with more info:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/ohv/

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw a 2018 Camero testing in the Arizona desert basically at the California border. Wish I had snapped a pic. Really different front and back end. It was covered in that weird white and black swirl wrap so I'm not sure a pic would have helped much anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Also, I have not seen a single raptor from Abilene to California.