Test Drive

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Prior to order or purchase did you test drive or been inside a raptor?

• Yes test drove

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Nope, didn't even test drive one

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Not only didn't test drive but never been in one either

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my first one on November of 09 . There were not many if any around prior to that. I sat in one on the lot and said if you get me a white one with every option except the orange interior I will sign. Three days later I had one. Tim

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never drove or seen one in person before I ordered my 1st Raptor in 2011. I did read a lot about them and seen some cool videos.

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the beginning of all this I decided I wanted a Raptor. Did all my research and watched every video on YouTube . Kept using the Ford website to keep building my truck to get it exactly the way I wanted it over and over again.
Then I did something I never do when I know I really want something, I decided that it was too much money.:mad:
So one day took a ride with the wife and drove to a Dodge dealership. Took a test drive in a Ram 1500 with all the bells and whistles and thought okay, this is a nice truck. Told the salesperson to let me think about and left.
On the way home while at a red light my wife says hey, there is a ford dealership, why don't we go there and look anyway, I say ok, good idea. Salesman takes us over to the only Raptor they had on the lot, a used 2010 scab. As soon as we walk up to it the wife says something I never thought she would say: " Oh my God, you should get a Raptor" !!! That's was it for me! She was absolutely right!!
Went to a different dealership because that one sucked and ordered a brand new 2013 and have been happy about that decision ever since.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I had already pretty much made up my mind that I wanted one, but one of my buddies knew someone at a dealer that had one. It was a new 2010 5.4, but they let us take it out. I am pretty sure that it was later bought by Dungone. I ordered from a different dealer.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DD'd a buddy's 2010 5.4 a few times. Test drove a 2012 Crew Cab in March 2011. As soon as I drove the 6.2, I was hooked. Once I was in the financial position to make my purchase, I placed my order in February 2013, nearly two years later, and took delivery August 14, 2014. Loved every mile since both on and off the pavement.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have test driven a few. A used one that I almost bought I had for about 4 hours. I told the salesman that I had to go to a family BBQ and he told me to take the truck.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went into my local dealer to get the oil changed on my f-350, had been looking for a while at the Raptor, anyway I was looking at one on the lot and the salesman comes over and we start talking, he says since its going to be awhile till you truck is done why don't you take the Raptor for the day!

Me....WHERE are the keys? Later that day was a new owner!

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had only seen them out on the highway from a far and I always thought they were BadAss looking trucks. Never really thought I'd own one though. I was looking to buy a new FX-4, seeing that my '03 had just rolled over 225K miles and it was time for a new truck. After going to a few Ford lots (and only Ford lots) looking at the FX-4 trucks the Raptors just stood out from the crowd of trucks! It was almost like God himself was trying to tell me "don't waste your time with another basic 4X4, get the Baddest on the planet!!" So that's what I did!! Never drove a Raptor, never even seen one with the door open but I knew I had to have one!
Mine was delivered on the 8th and was supposed to be delivered from the dealer in Illinois to my house by the dealership (because I am currently overseas) and now they are jerking me around telling me the truck is too big, too wide and basically TOO BADASS for them to ship it on a regular hauler. LOL!! Don't worry I'm on my way to get that beast and drive it all the way back to Louisiana myself, with a few Off-road stops along the way I'm sure!!