Test Drive

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Prior to order or purchase did you test drive or been inside a raptor?

• Yes test drove

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Nope, didn't even test drive one

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Not only didn't test drive but never been in one either

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

When I ordered my raptor, I have never been in one nor even test drove one. Dealers around me never seem to have any. I ordered it, waited but knew that I wouldn't regret it.

Curious how many others got a raptor without even a test drive or stepped inside one?

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had rode in @Mogo 's rig but that is about as close to driving one as I got before buying mine. Although I wanted one ever since I saw the first one in 2010 it was Molten Orange in Butte, MT.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had only seen them running down the road and had never even looked in one! This is the norm for us though!! We've bought 5 vehicles during the last few years, unseen and 4,000 miles away...It's definitely something you get used to when living in Alaska and buying stuff in the lower 48...

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never drove one or even sat in one. First one I ever drove and sat in was the one I ordered. Never had any doubts and never looked back.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
My dealer was awesome. Can't say enough good things about him (owner). After ordering mine, They had a screw on the lot, used, but threw me the keys and to enjoy the rest of the night with it and bring it back tomorrow. I was esstatic.

In comparison, a neiboring dealership had a used screw and I had asked to test drive it (this was after ordering from above dealership) and they were like ummmm no. Let's talk numbers. I was like ha, no.funny thing was the look on there face when I said I was getting a brand new one for cheaper than what they were selling a 2 year old one with less options.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove one on the lot, the young pos sales guy at first said no. Five mins later after I talked to the manager (I had bought multiple vehicles from him) the sales guy was putting my sons car seat in it and apologizing.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy had one. Drove one / mine since I bought it off the lot.

Oh and I had a red one from another dealer for a couple days. They ended up trying to pull a fast one on me so I went to another dealership and got exactly what I wanted.