GEN 1 Temperature high on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Anyone ever have an issue with the temperature starting off high randomly on startup? It’s happened a few times now where I would start the truck and the temp on drivers side is all the way up to 84° even though I never set it to that temp. Possible solutions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
dixonk

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I was able to replicate it and found it is doing it when I flip the first switch on the upfitter but it is random. Looking under the hood I have my wire run under the AC lines and the crimp is directly underneath. Not sure if it was acting against it randomly or not. Put a plastic wire shroud over the wire and connector and will test some more. Other possible spot may be in the dash. My big hands had a lot of trouble getting those wires connected and I may have something messed up there as well.

OP
OP
dixonk

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Well I put the wires under the hood in a shroud and taped and zipped tied everything nice and this evening flipped the switch on the aux 1 and the heater shot to 80°. This is frustrating