Telling the difference between 2010 6.2 and 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there a way to tell the difference between the 6.2s and 5.4 raptors from the exterior? I was under the impression that all of the 6.2s had a badge on the doors. Is this correct? There are a couple of raptors in my area, none that I have seen have the 6.2 badge.

Share your thoughts!

Jeff

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010 6.2 s do NOT have a door badge. For example, I got a 6.2 from the first batch of them, and the only reason it has door badges is because I got some that someone had made and applied them myself.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a late run 2010 6.2 that was a 3,000 dollar option. I like the no badge look personally.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a late run 2010 6.2 that was a 3,000 dollar option. I like the no badge look personally.

Yeah, I'm typically all about going badgeless on vehicles, but for some reason I didnt go that route on the Rap. ....at the moment I have door badges I added, but a naked tailgate due to badges I removed. Maybe I just change things for changing them, I dunno.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've tried to figure this out before. There was a 5.4 Raptor that would be in the parking lot at my previous location in Maryland and I parked next to him and spent about 20 minutes just gawking at both trucks. Of course mine looked better and was a 6.2L. ;)

The only thing that I really found just by looking, you can't really see from one driving by. If you get down on the drivers side wheel well and look through into the engine, you can see the 6.2L sitting in there. I know what the side of the 5.4L looks like, so it looked "different". That's about all I could really tell.

I think that the badges are the way to go -- but even then, I like making people guess. Not that others around here necessarily care what engine I have, or even that it's any different than an F-150. Hell, the Ford dealer didn't even know what it was.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other then 6.2 MAYBE on the side, no way... and who cares.. very few 5.4's out there, so the best guess is its a 6.2, if you play the odds.