Tailgate dampener assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckkb04

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to retro fit the dampener that is on the 2015 fords. I know there's aftermarket dampeners available but the one on the 15,s is hidden behind looks and works well. I have a 14 raptor. The 15 part #fl3z-99406a10-a kit dampner asy

D

Deleted member 12951

$75 is retail. My DeeZee doesn't hold up when off-roading unless you take it off or do that mod to screw it in. It would be nice to have something that is hidden

D

Deleted member 12951

The OP stated that he is fully aware of aftermarket dampeners for the tailgate. He likes the idea of a hidden one like on the 15' F-150's and wanted to know if anyone has gotten it to work?

OP
OP
ckkb04

ckkb04

Reaction score
Thxs I fully expected replies about the dee zee I realize it is a option but that wasn't my question

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt it will work. the bottom half of our tailgate is not accessible without cutting metal. any modification like this will most likely require cutting and welding.