Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im try to do my 2010 yesterday, i did the health report and everything, problem is the way is tranfer to the usb, i already did the format FAT32, and follow the instruction on syncmyride, but the truck doesnt read it, it says " file not found" U.U'

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@svtchris1021 Did you try a different USB flash drive? Did you unzip/uncompress the downloaded file prior to loading the flash drive?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The directions suck, the first step says to press "AUX". Well damn! There is no ******* "AUX"... No confirmation after"installation complete" and now Ford's site won't let me download their SYNC version checker. **** me!!! I don't have time for this shit.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Such a painfully process. The instructions must be for a vehicle with MFT. I have a 2011 w/NAV. I pretty much had to guess at what to do/how to get it uploaded. Even the .xlm file, which verifyes that the upload was sucessful, was hard to find. I don't know why they didn't just make it so you could press the "info" button to see which verison of SYNC you have.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: For 2010-2012 Sync with Voice Activated Navigation.

Update: For 2010-2012 Sync with Voice Activated Navigation.

Sync ver. 4.4 (and 4.6 for other Fords) have been removed from Ford's Sync website.
Well so they say, I was able to download file (DE8T-14D544-AC) today but it would not install. Sync rep said he will tell the engineers that people can still download it.
They have had large volumes of complaints about the V4.4 upgrade, that they are now working on a new version. (possible 4.7)

I have a new Droid Turbo 2 and needed to update Sync from Gen1-V3.1 to V4.4 to get texting working again.
But will have to wait till the new release comes out. Hopefully by next week, maybe. :-(

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be great if they can implement Siri Eyes Free like they did for MFT if they are coming out with a new Sync version.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to update this today and it would not take it, keep saying may not support version or not enough disk space.

does any one know how to successful update the Gen1 10-12 non nav sync systems?

thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4.4 is for Sync with Nav only, which is not operational anymore.
And Ford is still working on a new update. (LOL)

Non Nav Sync is a different Ver., l believe.
You need to go to your vehicle owners site.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4.4 is for Sync with Nav only, which is not operational anymore.
And Ford is still working on a new update. (LOL)

Non Nav Sync is a different Ver., l believe.
You need to go to your vehicle owners site.

I did and that is the update they loaded for me with my vin, is there a site that has the master list of sync updates? the version I currently have is from 2014.

Nothing major but I am sure they fixed some of the bugs.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the non Nav and voice activated Nav for 2010 to 2012 were the same.
That's way I said "I believe".

In any case, Ford hasn't come out with a fix yet.