Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get one or two "installation complete" messages? I received one and pulled the usb thinking it was done. It told me to put the usb back in so I did and about 20 minutes later I got another installation complete message.

I've received the second message, it still did not work for me. What phone are you pairing on your truck? Maybe it's my iPhone?

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've received the second message, it still did not work for me. What phone are you pairing on your truck? Maybe it's my iPhone?

That could be it. I've only paired my HTC one m8 to it since the update. I'll try my iPhone tomorrow and see if it has any issues.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paired my iphone 6 with the truck today. No issues. I went back and forth between both phones a few times but could not reproduce the problem you're having . :-(

BRAAAPTOR

Reaction score
I did this update last night to my 2010 with the Sony system. I regret it already!
The Sync now defaults to line in every time I get in the truck- I now have to select Bluetooth audio.
My system had never been updated before, and I liked that it would always startup BT as soon as I started the truck up.
I've tried reinstalling the update, resetting the system, unpairing and repairing the phone. Nada.
Not happy.

Same issue here. Super annoying.

BRAAAPTOR

Reaction score
So after doing some research, it appears that Sync isn't supposed to default to BT. They apparently changed that a few updates ago due to complaints from users having their cellphones go dead because they would automatically play music when they started their vehicles.

My '10 was still using software old enough that it would default to BT, but now after doing this most recent software update, it only defaults to "line in". Lame. It's nice having the track info, but I'm not sure it was worth losing BT default. Would be nice if they gave an option for defaulting to one or the other in the Sync menu with another update. This is just as stupid as the truck shutting off when opening the door after using remote start, but at least that was easily fixed by reprogramming the remote start brain.

Last edited:

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paired my iphone 6 with the truck today. No issues. I went back and forth between both phones a few times but could not reproduce the problem you're having . :-(

You are lucky then! I'm still trying to get mine working, but it's not looking good...
Maybe I just need to buy an iPhone 6 now, any reason to upgrade[emoji106]

ThomasL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating my '12 as we speak. I think it had a fairly old/early version. What changes will i notice with this now?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated my '11 today as well. Good timing as iOS 8.3 completely broke Bluetooth Audio on Sync 3.2.2. Who would've thought Ford would actually bring Sync Gen 1 back from the dead instead of just suggesting we get a new vehicle with Sync 3. Receiving text message notifications works fine and as expected sending texts doesn't work. No big deal though as I can trigger Siri by holding my Sync push to talk button via Automatic OBDII integration. Siri works infinitely better as long as you have cell coverage.

I also never got the second "Update Completed" message so I just fell back to the "wait up to ten minutes" instruction. I received no errors when removing my USB drive and Sync appears to be working fine afterword. I also got the successful update confirmation upon uploading the XML file to my Sync Owner page to confirm install.

It only took 4 years for them to figure out how to show artist/track info and to give us back resuming the last played audio source.

Update: After using the truck post-update during the day today, I can confirm that Sync does resume playing Bluetooth audio upon restarting the truck if that was the last selected audio source. Seems to take a bit longer for the phone to connect now that Artist/Title info is including in the Bluetooth stream, but no issues otherwise. Happy with the update so far. Knock on wood.

Last edited:

badwolf

Reaction score
mine bricked... I wish we could replace the integrated unit with one that supports apple carplay.

I was meticulously following the steps per the ford owner site and just as it started, a call came in and from then on things got out of whack. now i have no radio or media access. such a stupid pain. i guess i'll have to call tech support later and then if that doesn't work head into the dealer

badwolf

Reaction score
mine bricked... I wish we could replace the integrated unit with one that supports apple carplay.

I was meticulously following the steps per the ford owner site and just as it started, a call came in and from then on things got out of whack. now i have no radio or media access. such a stupid pain. i guess i'll have to call tech support later and then if that doesn't work head into the dealer

well...weird. never mind. its working now. how mysterious...