Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the update but I need to call for the vehicle health report. I can never catch a break

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the update. Got stuck on installation complete. Wouldn't go anywhere after that. Since the update the sync goes to line in instead of staying on Bluetooth when I turn it on.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the update. Got stuck on installation complete. Wouldn't go anywhere after that. Since the update the sync goes to line in instead of staying on Bluetooth when I turn it on.

That feature was added due to SYNC connecting to the phone and auto playing music. Therefore using data when some didn't know.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My radio defaults to the last source played whether it's Bluetooth audio or whatever. I've been running Sync 4.6 for a while and had no issues with the install or afterward. I usually always do a master reset prior to updating and another reset after completion similar to updating a network router. I had no issues with Sync 4.4 either.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked updates for mine and I have the 4.6 update ready to go. Will report back with an update.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.6 installed. Nothing noticeably different.
New Features include:
Streamlined help commands
Enhanced phonebook search
SYNC Reboot (which I already had)

Mine will not default to Bluetooth. Always line in.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only time mine won't default to the last source played is if SYNC has an issue starting entirely or an issue specific to a service. For example, the radio defaults to Line-In if I last played a Bluetooth source and SYNC has an issue with Bluetooth next time I start my vehicle. AM/FM and Satellite are the only sources that will typically work 100% of the time. Bluetooth, however, has been pretty reliable for me except for the expected hiccups associated with a Microsoft product. :)