Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
FYI to sync reboot

Just wanted to relay this info, this morning when I got in the truck the USB2 showed playing but no sound. I tried a flash drive in the front USB port and again it showed playing but no sound. I did a sync reboot ( I guess new with 4.6) and in about 2 min. both USB ports played with sound just fine.

BRAAAPTOR

Reaction score
I updated from 4.4 to 4.6 today. Interestingly, 4.4 worked fine for me for almost two years now. Texting, track and title, etc. The only thing I didn't like was that music wouldn't revert to last source (bluetooth) after shutting off the truck like it did with 3.1.

So now I'm on 4.6. Everything seems the same as 4.4 for me other than noticing the new "sync reboot" button. I still wish that music would revert to last source played so that I can stop having to navigate to the bluetooth input everytime I get back in the truck.

Also noticed a strange new hiccup. I went to do a vehicle health report, but after hitting the voice command on the steering wheel, it doesn't recognize "vehicle health report" as a command. I tried about 100 times and just couldn't get it to work. It even prompted me to say a command like "next track" "play" "pause" "or vehicle health report", but when I say it nothing happens and it says voice command failed, lol. All other commands work, so not really sure what the problem is...

Dre01SS

Reaction score
I'm new to Fords, and just recently picked up a 2013 SCREW; My Sync acts up and stops connecting to my Android after a while (1st time it happened, I did a hard reset and it started working again shortly after).

I checked the system, and it shows I'm on v3.5. Owner.ford.com shows the same and states my Sync is up to date.

Is my only option to update to 3.8 or whichever the is latest version by going and paying a dealer for it?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm new to Fords, and just recently picked up a 2013 SCREW; My Sync acts up and stops connecting to my Android after a while (1st time it happened, I did a hard reset and it started working again shortly after).

I checked the system, and it shows I'm on v3.5. Owner.ford.com shows the same and states my Sync is up to date.

Is my only option to update to 3.8 or whichever the is latest version by going and paying a dealer for it?

This thread is for 2010 thru 2012 Voice Nav with Sync.

You have "MFT" and the v.3.8 will fix your issue.
If I find the link for "MFT" I'll post it.

You can do it yourself with a thumb drive, there are steps you have to do so follow all instructions.

Last edited:

Dre01SS

Reaction score
This thread is for 2010 thru 2012 Voice Nav with Sync.

You have "MFT" and the v.3.8 will fix your issue.
If I find the link for "MFT" I'll post it.

You can do it yourself with a thumb drive, there are steps you have to do so follow all instructions.

Ah thanks for setting me straight. I called the dealer and they want me to drop the truck off to run some diagnostics blah blah... I asked all this just for a Sync update??? and was told it could also be a module etc. First thing I was asked about was my warranty situation before anything else, odd.

If I can do it myself prior, and skip the dealer visit - I'm all for it, many thanks!!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then I would run the version checker.
Make sure you run a vehicle Health Report, that is important.
It might not be available to you on your Ford Owners Web page if Sync is not updating your profile correctly.
If it's not, call Ford Sync to help you while your sitting in the truck.
They have procedures to get you up and running.