Sync bluetooth connection problems solved : advice for those with troubles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaving it in park and waiting is 100% successful.

For the record, today I started up the truck and waited in PARK well over a minute. My 911 assist is set to on as well as a default. After waiting well over a minute, I did not see any difference in syncing/connection status.

No notification with the 911 assist. In fact, it shows "Iphone Connected" almost immediately when I first start the truck.

However, when I received an incoming call, I did change it to "handset" and then back to "SYNC" on my IPHONE and that workaround worked.

David

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that incoming calls have issues when I answer from my phone. When I answer from the steering wheel, it seems to work pretty flawlessly. Thats only for calls though.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that incoming calls have issues when I answer from my phone. When I answer from the steering wheel, it seems to work pretty flawlessly. Thats only for calls though.

Is there a difference between answering calls from steering wheel and touching the "ACCEPT" button on the screen?

I've actually never answered from the steering wheel. I should try it to see if it works.

David

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have to do that "handset" to "sync" thing if I answer from my iPhone. If I answer it from my steering wheel, it works over sync flawlessly.

Also, I couldn't figure out how to hangup from the wheel for a while (only one phone button) until I realized you have to hold it to end.

Curious to see if that solves your issue.....

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have to do that "handset" to "sync" thing if I answer from my iPhone. If I answer it from my steering wheel, it works over sync flawlessly.

Also, I couldn't figure out how to hangup from the wheel for a while (only one phone button) until I realized you have to hold it to end.

Curious to see if that solves your issue.....

I'll try it today. By the way, do you always wait in PARK about a minute or so upon startup to allow for the iPhone to sync completely?

I haven't been able to see a status difference whether I wait or not.

David

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used to but when I read through this thread I tried waiting a couple of times, didn't change anything.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used to but when I read through this thread I tried waiting a couple of times, didn't change anything.

Yep and I tried answering a call with the steering wheel and still had to revert to the "handset" to "SYNC" workaround to get it to work.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Weird thing is when I answered with the steering wheel, I could hear it functioning correctly for a second or 2 before it cuts out completely.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep and I tried answering a call with the steering wheel and still had to revert to the "handset" to "SYNC" workaround to get it to work.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Weird thing is when I answered with the steering wheel, I could hear it functioning correctly for a second or 2 before it cuts out completely.

Super weird. Im hoping to get the truck to the dealer this week so they can replace the APIM. Hopefully that'll solve everything.