Sync bluetooth connection problems solved : advice for those with troubles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for those of you having issues with Bluetooth and sync - advice to solve your issues. Most reports I have read surround issues where people try to place a call, their bluetooth is connected however they cannot hear the person on the other end etc.

Posted solutions include repairing, master reset, pulling the sync fuse etc.

None of these are required. Here is what is actually going on.

Sync has a safety feature that prevents certain bluetooth functions including pairing from completing if the vehicle is not in park.

When people are experiencing difficulty it's because they've put their raptor into gear before it's fully completed connecting to bluetooth (process actually takes up to a minute)

So... try this if you are having issues (a good guide for your timing is to have 911 assist enabled)...

Turn on your raptor and leave it in park and wait for your phone to connect. Do NOT shift out of park until at least 10 seconds after you have seen the "phone is connected" message AND the "911 assist enabled" message. Then shift into gear, drive and you will have zero issues with calls or streaming.

If you interrupt this process at all by shifting into gear earlier you will only gain connectivity if you return the vehicle to park and wait for it to complete it's business.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited:

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCREW and my issue is whenever there is an incoming call on my Cell, SYNC will show the incoming call while I'm driving and I'll press "ACCEPT", but then I would not be able to hear the caller and vice versa.

So you're saying this "issue" is easily resolved by simply waiting a minute or so after starting up my truck every time?

Thanks!

David

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. You also need to complete your initial registration of your device while in park and let it fully complete before putting the vehicle in any gear other than park.

If your initial registration was never fully completed it would be best to do a master reset of sync, forget sync from your phone, and then patiently pair everything correctly.

BTW we hold a few patents in this field so I've got a bit of experience with Bluetooth and it's nuances...

check out our 100% free helpful (patented) app for android that should really be standard pre-installed on every phone. (Deals with bluetooth and texting and driving)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textdeflector

...(sorry... no apple version yet)

Last edited:

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm. Ill give this a try. The bluetooth connectivity is awful in these trucks. Even plugging the phone into the USB port gives me tons of trouble.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCREW and my issue is whenever there is an incoming call on my Cell, SYNC will show the incoming call while I'm driving and I'll press "ACCEPT", but then I would not be able to hear the caller and vice versa.

So you're saying this "issue" is easily resolved by simply waiting a minute or so after starting up my truck every time?

Thanks!

David
Same. Mine does this in spurts (couple weeks at a time).

If it does it, just go to your phone, direct the sound to the handset, then back to bluetooth and it will work.

Super inconvenient, but it's a work-around when it's being a goof ball.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Mine does this in spurts (couple weeks at a time).

If it does it, just go to your phone, direct the sound to the handset, then back to bluetooth and it will work.

Super inconvenient, but it's a work-around when it's being a goof ball.

Wow! Thanks! It's a workaround, but at this point, I care more about it being functional over the inconvenience lol.

Thanks for sharing. I'll try that next time.

Again, I only have this issue on incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls from my truck and function just fine.

David

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Correct. You also need to complete your initial registration of your device while in park and let it fully complete before putting the vehicle in any gear other than park.

If your initial registration was never fully completed it would be best to do a master reset of sync, forget sync from your phone, and then patiently pair everything correctly.

BTW we hold a few patents in this field so I've got a bit of experience with Bluetooth and it's nuances...

check out our 100% free helpful (patented) app for android that should really be standard pre-installed on every phone. (Deals with bluetooth and texting and driving)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textdeflector

...(sorry... no apple version yet)

So if I have an Apple Iphone 7, it wont' work for me even by waiting a minute in Park upon startup every time?

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks! It's a workaround, but at this point, I care more about it being functional over the inconvenience lol.

Thanks for sharing. I'll try that next time.

Again, I only have this issue on incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls from my truck and function just fine.

David
Correct. Same here.

So I've gotten in the habit of answering it from the phone, immediately flipping it to handset and then right back to bluetooth.

Usually by the time it's coming over the speakers I'm hearing, "llo....Hello....can you hear me?"
haha

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Same here.

So I've gotten in the habit of answering it from the phone, immediately flipping it to handset and then right back to bluetooth.

Usually by the time it's coming over the speakers I'm hearing, "llo....Hello....can you hear me?"
haha

Haha funny stuff. Thanks.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried this last night but unfortunately did not solve my issue. To the dealer it goes to get the APIM thing replaced.