Sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo

Reaction score
I heard some guys say to remove the sway bar on the raptor? Good idea? What does it change?

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several threads on this with some hardcore off-roaders discussing it. But long story short it makes your front suspension operate independent of each other. Mine is off but I don't do much high speed stuff. I like it off. Take it off and see how you like it

D

Deleted member 12951

Allows it each side to move more independently compared to having the bar keep movement together. I would only do it when offroading. At high speed on the highway, you might have to struggle some to keep it straight since it will be "swaying" more than you will be accustomed too

And yes, lots of threads on it.

Use google and type in:
site:fordraptorforum.com sway bar

When you do that, it just searches all of FRF and is better than the forum search.

Last guy I tried to help on searching got all butt hurt so hopefully this will be helpful for you, but if it ****** you off, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanFelish

Reaction score
I haven't had my raptor for very long, but my first couple times out I was impressed how well it soaks up big hits, but pretty disappointed in how rough it was over the choppy stuff.
So I decided to just remove one link and try without. I haven't smiled that much yet in this truck. It made a huge different in ride, still hit the fast corners without feeling sketchy, and made almost no noticeable difference on the road.

Lets just say I came home and removed the rest of the system.

The truck is more of a toy than a highway cruiser for me, it gets towed behind the motorhome. For those that do lots of highway travel I would recommend keeping it on most of the time, and spending the 3 minutes to remove one link when offroading.

This lets the wheels work free of eachother, without letting the sway bar flop around, and still makes for an easy reconnect.

Enjoy!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is off, but I really think I'm gonna put it back on. It is better offroad, but on the highway it doesn't corner as good as it did with it. One of the things I love about these trucks is that it 'looks' lifted like all the mud guys, but corners with the sports car guys. I'm sure if I did more offroad, I'd leave it off, but maybe I'll just drop the links when I do. Hope that helps with your decision.....

P.S. - you can ask questions anytime you want to. Even if you do find a thread close to what you want. New things get discovered all the time and sometimes it's good to bring up old info to bring them out.

Last edited:

Vang

Reaction score
mid perch on stock springs - i liked it off.slightly better ride, no noticeable body roll increase that i could really tell.

low perch on geiser springs - drove like crap on the street, very sloppy cornering and holy body roll on every turn. passengers had to hold on during a simple right turn on an intersection. i put it back on.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 112K miles on my 2010, 100K of those miles with the sway bar off. I love it. I did go mid perch at the time the sway bar was removed. It does lean a bit in the corners, but it still rails corners very well. The last 25k miles have been on 37's, and it's still amazing.
My 2 cents...

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is off, but I really think I'm gonna put it back on. It is better offroad, but on the highway it doesn't corner as good as it did with it. One of the things I love about these trucks is that it 'looks' lifted like all the mud guys, but corners with the sports car guys. I'm sure if I did more offroad, I'd leave it off, but maybe I'll just drop the links when I do. Hope that helps with your decision.....

P.S. - you can ask questions anytime you want to. Even if you do find a thread close to what you want. New things get discovered all the time and sometimes it's good to bring up old info to bring them out.

Do you know if the '17 will have a V8 option? Curious on the HP rating for said V8? :hidesbehindsofa: