svt mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Canadian dealers used to need to be SVT certified or something. That went away a while ago in the states though.

Vin302

Reaction score
Its most likely the same for ford as it is my job at Chrysler. They make a in live training class for the Viper to be viper certified, i can see ford doing the same for SVT

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still certified in Canada. Not many SVT dealers. Some or all still have a svt mechanic. Nearest dealer for me better than an hour away. Half a dozen regular ford dealers within an hour. You have to buy from a svt dealer. Service for minor issues can be done at regular dealership. Over 100000 to be a hybrid dealer in costs, plus required building space. I don't know the tooling cost for svt.

Vin302

Reaction score
Service for minor issues can be done at regular dealership. Over 100000 to be a hybrid dealer in costs, plus required building space. I don't know the tooling cost for svt.

Just got Certified for the Electric Pacifica, Next week the tools got delivered to the Dealership. :flipthebird: Chrysler

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From when the original 93 cobras and lightnings came out they couldnt be a svt dealership unless they had a certified svt mechanic. They had to take a class at svt hq i think for a week. When i got my 93 lightning there were only 2 svt dealerships in va.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Part of the hybrid tooling is a 5 foot fibreglass stick so you can knock somebody off the batteries if they get glued on

Vin302

Reaction score
Part of the hybrid tooling is a 5 foot fibreglass stick so you can knock somebody off the batteries if they get glued on

correct it has a bend on the end so you can wrap it around them and yank em off. The other toolings is a fancy fluke DMM, A charging station for the shop and one for outside and a Hoist to drop the battery pack on and hoist the new one in.