SVT certified vs. Regular Ford dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmp

Reaction score
Are there any advantages to ordering a raptor through an SVT certified dealer in Canada? Here in Alberta, it seems that you can only get USA-imported second hand (actually new) raptors in your regular dealers. If you go to the SVT dealer, they are asking another $5k for the same truck. But why would anyone spend the extra 5k?

Cheers.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Never heard of that. Not sure why an actual ford dealer would have to be SVT certified. Maybe for maintenance?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its just how it is in Canada, only SVT certified dealers can get Raptors from the factory, everyone else brings them up from the US and sells them cheaper. I paid almost 10 grand less by going to a normal dealer and getting a brand new US raptor. They already do all the conversions so in the end its no different. I suggest getting the US raptor personally to save the money.

OP
OP
M

mmp

Reaction score
Its just how it is in Canada, only SVT certified dealers can get Raptors from the factory, everyone else brings them up from the US and sells them cheaper. I paid almost 10 grand less by going to a normal dealer and getting a brand new US raptor. They already do all the conversions so in the end its no different. I suggest getting the US raptor personally to save the money.

Thanks Macman, any idea what would the benefit be to purchase directly from SVT-certified dealer?