Successful Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a Network Engineer for a service provider by day, my Raptor and shooting are my only real toys. And I currently don't own a home because we are having one built.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
How stupid of me to buy a house. I could have spent all that money on a Raptor and paid more each month to some dude that's making money off of me so i a. Live in his place. I don't really need thAt tax write off. Stupid, stupid me!!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How stupid of me to buy a house. I could have spent all that money on a Raptor and paid more each month to some dude that's making money off of me so i a. Live in his place. I don't really need thAt tax write off. Stupid, stupid me!!

Why waste all of the tax benefits of being a first-time home buyer if you have to sell it in 2-3 years and move? :snoopfacepalm:

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Didn't say that, said to SAVE the money you would have spent on interest/insurance/upkeep. And if you do that, you will come out ahead in almost any period in history, except for the pre-2008 bubble, and we all saw how that ended.

That math doesn't lie. Real estate is not as good of an investment as..... well....investments. I said index fund because that's what I prefer because I don't day-trade, but I would imagine you'd do OK with others as well. I'm talking about a home you live in here though, income/rental property is a different story.

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was cheaper for my to buy a house at the age of 21 than it was to rent a comparable house, taking interest and tax into account. I now have equity instead of giving another guy equity. So in my market it is a lot wiser to buy than rent.

As for a job I am currently training to be a Helicopter Pilot in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Currently own one house, going to be buying a second one next year. Toys are currently just the Raptor, sold my MR2 and S2000 last year. Saving for a new house and to buy a FGT next.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a 50% partner in an Insurance Brokerage.

Current toys - 2013 Raptor Roush,
2009 CTS V - stick shift
2008 Corvette Z06
2006 SSR
1998 Camaro SS (not stock)
2009 Wrangler Rubicon
2002 Wrangler Sport
2002 Silverado Quadra Steer (Great Truck!)
1987 Eagle Limited Woody Wagon
1989 Olds 98 Regency (one owner)
1999 Suburban 3/4 ton 4 x 4.

Yes I own my own home. Also have wife (best friend - Mary) 5 kids,
one grandchild, a Great Pyrenees, and a Leonberger!

Brian.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Software engineer here. Own a home but like others I have always been told you can always live in your truck but you can never drive your home.

The raptor is the first of many to come.