Successful Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexlaughlin

Reaction score
You can assume that most Raptor owners have a pretty decent day gig and do pretty well for themselves financially. I want to start a thread where you all explain your daily job and what you do for a living. Also, post pictures of your most prized toys (Raptor included). Racecars, sportscars, race trucks, boats, motorcycles, RV's, house, etc.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Toy? Pffft. This is my work truck.

1728d1357617444t-raptor-sees-work-duty-today-img_1006.jpg

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AH-64D Maintenance Test Pilot currently in the Army. Getting out soon, and Heading to Alabama to fly them as a civilian. Cant wait. Yes I own a house. Wait I own two. And the Raptor is my second toy. I also have a super charged Pontiac G8, with 530 HP to the wheels.

Attachments

• ah64-apache.jpg
    ah64-apache.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 929

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Software Engineer, work from home 99% of the time, mainly for clients in aerospace and logistics. Wife is a Nurse Practitioner (if you don't know what that is, basically she does almost everything a Dr. can do including writing prescriptions, but she works underneath a Dr. and doesn't make Dr. $$). Combined we make a very decent living, but I would never call us rich, we just picked good professions and worked hard to get where we're at.

Toys? Raptor (duh), G35 Coupe (Lots of bolt ons, but nothing you can see, I like to think of it as a sleeper), 2 Inland 20 Racing Scows, Catalina 25, Lots of snow ski gear (this pic from the top of Big Sky, MT)

And yes I own a home, but honestly I don't see how that's relevant. If you don't care about living in or maintaining a home, renting is way cheaper, and if you save the money you would have spent on a house into an index fund, you'd come out way ahead. The thinking that you "have to buy a house as soon as your'e able or you're throwing money away" is very 90's.

Attachments

• profile2.jpg
    profile2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And yes I own a home, but honestly I don't see how that's relevant. If you don't care about living in or maintaining a home, renting is way cheaper, and if you save the money you would have spent on a house into an index fund, you'd come out way ahead. The thinking that you "have to buy a house as soon as your'e able or you're throwing money away" is very 90's.

Agreed. I won't be in the home buying market for another 2-3 years. My job will send me on a field assignment for 6-12 months so why buy a house to let it sit vacant for a year? I'll be renting until I move back down full-time and then use all the money I've saved to put between 30-50% down on a home when I get back. Gotta love per diem assignments!

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OR nurse and love every minute!!!

As far as houses go, my great grandma came from Mexico in the 1920s, worked 7 days a week, and saved every penny. The silver lining when she died is that she passed down 4 payed off houses to her family.

So for the most part, I say this humbly, I'm set.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner