The Story of MobileBeats / Rookie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The final straw for you is to get your truck checked by a third party. It is costly but this is really the first step in lawyering up. You need to be able to have a professional state the work was sub par and was not meeting minimum automotive repair standards. This is the single most important thing you need when taking on a professional dealership. Lacking the third party agreement with your assessment, you have he said she said. Most Judges will side with the professional unless you have proof of negligence on the repair shop. So tread lightly and ask for what is fair and reasonable. To be perfectly honest if it were my truck it would never have been repaired. The electrical gremlins your facing as long as you own the truck are going to be a nightmare... Get a pro in your corner....

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update 14JUN 1155: I forgot to mention that I still have not received the check for the remaining balance from the bumper. Even though I was told they could work something out the dealer ended up telling me they couldn't give the money back to me and they had to send it back to the insurance company. I called the insurance company and they made a call to the dealership and informed them not to send the money back and to give it to me. This was about six weeks ago and I still have not received the money for the bumper from the dealership. I also found that there is a discrepancy they need to explain. The invoices I received thus far total to $13,672.67 but the dealer has been paid $16,180.51 including my deductible. That leaves $2,507.84 missing, part of which is the bumper money owed to me but that total was around $1,800. Either I am due $2,507.84 or they need to provide proof of where this money went.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Labraptor makes an extremely important point. Being assertive doesn't mean getting nasty. Remember the phrase "you get more bees with honey than with vinegar". But being assertive means that you will not allow them to blow you off or force you to accept less than you should receive. Stand your ground and make sure they understand that you mean business, even if you ARE being polite about it.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice. At this time I'm waiting to see what Crystal says and then I will proceed from there.

Is it sad that every moment of my day consists of me thinking about my truck. My entire vacation I was stressing about whether the truck would be done when I got back. Everywhere I go people ask me what's going on now, most in disbelief with what the dealer has done.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd would start talking to these people face-to-face. It's a lot easier to mess with folks over the phone because you cant see their facial expressions or anything. Plus I feel as though when you personally confront someone, you get more direct results. But you have to do it in a professional manner. "If you **** off the cook, they'll spit in your food", or more in this case shit in it, cause they already spit in it. Anyway, I hope all this gets resolved!

Best of luck and godspeed!

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update 16JUN14 1832: Went in to the dealer this afternoon and spoke with the managing partner (general manager?) and I feel these issues are going to be resolved. He expressed a lot of concern that I hadn't received the money due to me yet. Ultimately I was cut a check (incorrect amount but they are working on getting it figured out) and a few of the parts that were broke are going to be replaced. I also expressed my concern for them blaming my mods on the current issue at hand and it is still being investigated. The truck was sitting out back so that means they either hadn't pulled it in the shop yet or they had and failed to call and keep me in the loop like promised.

Before I left I figured out that they had received this thread from higher ups (thanks Crystal) and that the service manager was going through it line by line. I informed them that I am departing VA in 14 days and that I NEED to have the truck back before then. At this point as long as the truck is running and nothing is broke I will be happy. I will deal with cleaning up any faulty installation or work. I just need to make sure I have a fully functional truck to take back to Indiana.

The discrepancy between what insurance has paid and what the invoices reflect are also being investigated. I received a check for the bumper of $1204.39 which by my calculations should be $1501.38. They failed to include paint/labor which insurance paid for but that is being worked out. As of now the discrepancy is at $1303.45.

Last edited: