Stolen spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some piky stole the spare out from under my truck in the last few days (airport parking or on the street only just noticed it).

1) Is there any serial number or other unique marking on the stock rim?

2) Any ideas for stopping this from happening again?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon had these in stock but appear to be out now. Maybe you can find another source:

Defender FORD F 150 TRUCK SPARE TIRE LOCK ANTI-THEFT DEVICE

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it takes less time to pop the retainer clip off the lock, than it does to put the key in to unlock it. You still need the bars and handle to crank down the spare though. Unless they use Bolt cutters, then you could have a spare removed in about a minute. I would hate to be under a 100 lb. tire when it drops.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never really thought about a spare tire getting stolen before. One more thing to watch out for I guess. Sucks that they got you!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never really thought about a spare tire getting stolen before. One more thing to watch out for I guess. Sucks that they got you!

In most cases, the stock spare is an identical wheel and tire (depending on model yr). I'm guessing that it's worth about $500?

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk