Stock passenger fender liner rubbing turning left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue. I had a couple retainers work themselves loose. Couple zip ties and new retainers, no issues for the last 2 years.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue. I had a couple retainers work themselves loose. Couple zip ties and new retainers, no issues for the last 2 years.

That was my first thought - makes sense, but no dice. They all look fine. In addition, in my case, it's limited ONLY to long road trips. I would assume once the retainer worked its way out it would always happen until fixed.

Good thought though. I'm just going to cut that piece of the liner off when I get around to it.

So weird.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear you. What I noticed on mine was all the attachments were there, but there was some, though minor looseness.

My hypothesis is that the air pressure on the liner is pushing it back to just under its yield point. Materials like a foam or plastic can often take 24 of more hours to recover. That is why you might only see it on a long trip. Load over time deflects the liner, and takes a while to rebound to its original place

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to me, basically on the first long road trim that I took in the raptor. I thought it was due to my really open front bumper. I just kinda Jerry rigged it for a while but when I went to SVC to have them hammer my pinch welds, I told them about it and they saw the rubbing on the liner. Sean there, was really cool and pulled a perfect condition factory liner from the back and gave me that for free. Also, they secured the liner with some bolts through the front small body price that runs across the front there by the liner. They said its fairly common and it is just the air pressure pushing the liner back and towards the tire. It's a relatively easy fix and nothing to worry about.