Stock Horn Just Isn't Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not me. i am talking to a company regarding these sea going freighters. here in the bay area we got a lot of idiotic drivers that think because they think their car physically fits that they can merge anytime without looking. i want to scare the shit out of them, and MAKE them pay attention to me. 7000 pound truck, hello?.... i found one that is over 200db. im waiting to get more info..... unless we have a vendor here that can quote me......

How many db to blow the paint off the vehicle your honking at? That's what I want! Or how about that extending / accordion boxing glove which comes out and punches the car out of the way? Hideous California drivers...including myself sometimes I guess.

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Conductors special 240's. Nothing says.."Get The Hell Outta My Way" better.

Attachments

• 20121126_094614.jpg
    20121126_094614.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20121126_094522.jpg
    20121126_094522.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 63

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the mounting ideas for the compressor and tank. I need to get my Kahlenberg S-3 ship horn mounted. I may have to incorporate the horn itself into a bed rack.

Ktt_20090503_1349800.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions that your shop can install? Something like a train horn loudness?:flamingdevil:
we sure can. i am still wondering on which horn to get. however dynodynge stopped by our shop to have us install an alarm system. we used the horn output from the alarm and connected it to his monstrosity of an air horn and programmed it to go off on full trigger only. i would hate to be the guy trying to break into his truck. 180db horn blaring in your face is not a comfortable experience. if he reads his, i will let him tell the story about the guy he used it on. its very funny.

i am thinking either hornblasters or klein at the moment, but there might be another company that i am talking to that might take the cake.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we sure can. i am still wondering on which horn to get. however dynodynge stopped by our shop to have us install an alarm system. we used the horn output from the alarm and connected it to his monstrosity of an air horn and programmed it to go off on full trigger only. i would hate to be the guy trying to break into his truck. 180db horn blaring in your face is not a comfortable experience. if he reads his, i will let him tell the story about the guy he used it on. its very funny.

i am thinking either hornblasters or klein at the moment, but there might be another company that i am talking to that might take the cake.

Very cool.
Definitely looking for something that has a great tone as well as loudness. I like that one YouTube video of the guys scaring the crap outta people from several hundred feet away...

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

Gofastrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lets get a video!!!

Have you heard the horn on a toyota FJ? a smart car wouldn't move for that. embarrassing

We had a 2011 FJ...Traded it in on the Raptor. Loved the FJ, great vehicle for what it did. Really suprised. However, no regrets at all going to the Raptor.

The horn on the FJ was feeble. We would roll the windows down and yell "BEEP" "BEEP" instead of using the horn.