Stock Horn Just Isn't Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damnit!!!!!!!!! I don't need to read this. Had a nice Emergency Horn on my last truck, and need an "appropriate" horn on the Raptor - especially since some dumb bitch had the nerve to flip ME off because she stopped in the middle of the road to look at an accident on the other side of the highway. But I want to say this HORNBLASTERS is almost too much..........

......and then my brothers and the guys at my shop say I'm a *** if I don't get it !!!! That it needs to be this loud!! Wife said she wants to buy it for me for Christmas!

MarkDucatis' video..........

Shocker classic 228vx - YouTube

Skip to 1:45 to hear it again-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zooUyAqVUvE

Thoughts............... too loud???

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics:

On the passenger side the compressor and storage tank are mounted (bolts) to the frame (tank is toward the front):

DSC00600.jpg

Horns are mounted below and in front of radiator:

DSC00602.jpg

Wires run from fuse box with fuse (there are three fuses total):

DSC00603.jpg

Horn button mounted on dash to the left of steering wheel:

DSC00601.jpg

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a pretty sweet set up! Where did you find the tank and the mount? I've been thinking about putting a tank up front for airing back up after a run in the dirt but a horn seems like a much better idea for that space haha I have a lot of incompetent drivers here in Georgia and Alabama! God I wish I was back in Texas lol

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kleinn Sealed Air Compressor System: Model 6270 130 psi compressor kit.

The installation tech had a mechanism to bolt the compressor and tank to the frame.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not me. i am talking to a company regarding these sea going freighters. here in the bay area we got a lot of idiotic drivers that think because they think their car physically fits that they can merge anytime without looking. i want to scare the shit out of them, and MAKE them pay attention to me. 7000 pound truck, hello?.... i found one that is over 200db. im waiting to get more info..... unless we have a vendor here that can quote me......

Let me know how u make out on this. I may do a setup in the spring but in the meantime i am looking into all options. I have my kit from my last truck but i want to go louder!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2