Stock Horn Just Isn't Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought a big truck (and I believe the Raptor is a Big Truck), I was expecting a big horn sound. Isn't what I expected.

When I was getting my RPG Race Line UCA installed, I checked out the air horns they had on display.

So today I remedied the less than loud stock horn with a Kleinn Model 130. Now that is a horn with some testosterone behind it!

Here's a pic of the one on display: (mine is on the Raptor)

DSC00599.jpg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought a big truck (and I believe the Raptor is a Big Truck), I was expecting a big horn sound. Isn't what I expected.

When I was getting my RPG Race Line UCA installed, I checked out the air horns they had on display.

So today I remedied the less than loud stock horn with a Kleinn Model 130. Now that is a horn with some testosterone behind it!

Here's a pic of the one on display: (mine is on the Raptor)

DSC00599.jpg

Where did you mount it?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree that the stock horn is a little anemic. It's a LOT better than most OEM horns, but doesn't seem quite enough for truck like a Raptor. On the other hand, I really don't want my truck to sound like a sea-going freighter!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you mount it?

I'll take some pics of the mounting location for the compressor and tank (frame, passenger side) and horns (behind grill below radiator).

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Agree that the stock horn is a little anemic. It's a LOT better than most OEM horns, but doesn't seem quite enough for truck like a Raptor. On the other hand, I really don't want my truck to sound like a sea-going freighter!

I too opted out of the sea-going freighter in favor of the 10:00pm Southbound.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not me. i am talking to a company regarding these sea going freighters. here in the bay area we got a lot of idiotic drivers that think because they think their car physically fits that they can merge anytime without looking. i want to scare the shit out of them, and MAKE them pay attention to me. 7000 pound truck, hello?.... i found one that is over 200db. im waiting to get more info..... unless we have a vendor here that can quote me......

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not me. i am talking to a company regarding these sea going freighters. here in the bay area we got a lot of idiotic drivers that think because they think their car physically fits that they can merge anytime without looking. i want to scare the shit out of them, and MAKE them pay attention to me. 7000 pound truck, hello?.... i found one that is over 200db. im waiting to get more info..... unless we have a vendor here that can quote me......

My Kleinn 130 is a mere 153dB. Looks like I have space for a larger set (or an additional larger set).