Steps for easier entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls. My parents are getting older and carrying them around in my truck is getting harder and harder for them. They can't make the big first step up or down. Does anyone know where I can get a new one of these or something better? It's also a tool box but it's like 15 years old. Found it in their garage.

Thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

This one is perfect height as the top is level with the running board. So there is no way it can tip.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The AMP power steps hang lower when deployed and make it easier to get in and out of the truck. No offense but the step in the pic looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LittleElvisDan,
Try marinas and chandleries for boat steps. I dated a woman with MS for two years. I put AMP powered running boards on my Dodge 3500. They swing up out of sight when the doors are closed, and drop down about 8 inches when the door is open. They are sturdy and would fall about half way down from the Raptor door sill to the ground. I think the step would correspond to about the same height as the first step on your tool steps...
Eddie

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have small folding steps that when folded are about 1.5" thick. I think they are from bed bath and beyond. My wife needs them for the kitchen

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AMP power steps hang lower when deployed and make it easier to get in and out of the truck. No offense but the step in the pic looks like an accident waiting to happen.
No offense taken. The picture angle makes the step look small but in reality it is as wide as half the door opening. It is a tool box designed to use as steps. I am 210 lb and I stood on each corner individually to see if I could tip it. It didn't even move. It's really thick ABS plastic in An A frame shape.
Again the angle doesn't show that. It does look rickety in the picture. It's just old and if I could find a new one it would be awesome to also use to work under the hood of the raptor.

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this after a couple minutes googling. Seems like a neat design and could possibly fit the bill for you Dog Steps, Dog Stairs and Dog Ramps from Pet Loader You should check the weight rating and stuff.

After looking at it, I bet I could cut 1 tier off and it would be perfect height for the running board. and looking at it a little more the 3 step has a range from 16-20 inches high. got to go measure my running boards. then adjust for a future mid perch mod. says good up to 250lbs.

Last edited:

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock-Slide Engineering Step Sliders

@LITTLEELVISDAN

I have found this picture on the internet. I am not sure, but it is something that may interest you. The product name is "Rock-Slide Engineering Step Sliders." The advantage (IMO) is that the long step-side has a very low automatic step, which is very helpful. In other automatic step-sides, the entire long step-side comes down, so there is no upper segment. I cannot describe it well, but I hope that you will understand what I meant when you see the picture bellow.

Attachments

• Rock-Slide Engineering Step Sliders.jpg
    Rock-Slide Engineering Step Sliders.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 103