GEN 1 Steering Is Really hard and vibration occurs HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I nearly killed a guy on a Harley , but he sure destroyed my steering system, the thing is I was turning my truck to the right side (to a suspension garage )for check up and while I steering to the right he was going stupidly fast between the raptor and the entry of the garage , he bumps into my tire and cracked my fiberglass front fenders , bottom line is after he crashed into my tire as it was in motion steering to the right , the aftermath was ..the steering was really hard after that it wasn’t steering normally at all + checked the tie rod and everything was fine , am new to this whole steering thing on the raptor , but I am worried ..assuming it’s a damaged inner steering rack ? Correct me if am wrong , I hope someone could chime on this [emoji52][emoji853]
Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I nearly killed a guy on a Harley , but he sure destroyed my steering system, the thing is I was turning my truck to the right side (to a suspension garage )for check up and while I steering to the right he was going stupidly fast between the raptor and the entry of the garage , he bumps into my tire and cracked my fiberglass front fenders , bottom line is after he crashed into my tire as it was in motion steering to the right , the aftermath was ..the steering was really hard after that it wasn’t steering normally at all + checked the tie rod and everything was fine , am new to this whole steering thing on the raptor , but I am worried ..assuming it’s a damaged inner steering rack ? Correct me if am wrong , I hope someone could chime on this [emoji52][emoji853]
Thanks !

Could be rack (blown), lines (crimped/cracked) or fluid (loss) if it was a direct result of impact; could be coincidental pump failure; could be something else suspension-wise aside from tie rods that's in a bind (assume suspension shop you went to could rule that out, if you made it there). I'd start with the simple things first-fluid level in reservoir, serpentine belt to pump, inspect pressure & return lines, inspect rack (remove boots) and pump for leaks while running. It's a relatively simple system but notorious for failures, lots of threads on here to look through. Good luck.

OP
OP
BlueGoliath96

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks , I will check them out , the suspension garage did an adjustment on the camber and caster after the lift up front and check on the tie rods everything seems fine , they say it’s notorious for fails on the f150s