Start up revs after tune...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
im not going to state the tuner's name as they are on this forum and out of respect for them i will leave that part out. To start out i ordered the tune and installed it with an SCT tuner the other day and i must say the tune did exactly what everyone says it does! great throttle response and definately holds gears longer for those 0-100 mph thrills lol my only concern so far has been when i turn over the engine whether a cold start or warm the RPM's rev at just around 2K and then once dropped into reverse or drive they go back to the normal 1K RPM range... im just curious as to whether this has to do with the trucks PCM still adapting to the new tune or if this is something i need to bring up with the tuner? they have sold many of these tunes and i was surprised to find zero threads on here regarding this issue... any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW the truck has about 60 miles since the tune has been installed so i know i was told to give it 100 miles or so but im just doing some research since this doesnt seem to be the norm for people with tunes on their trucks.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Not sure who you used, but I had a similar issue with SVC, Jeff was awesome and said that some PCMs are finicky and they re-wrote the tune a little and it fixed it right up. He was super prompt emailing me the file, sent over instructions on how to update the SCT and followed up to make sure it solved the problem. It took less than a day to get everything fixed.

I really love the tune too, truck has great throttle response, which is what I was after.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Thanks issue is being handled and should be a small adjustment to the tune. thanks Trey for the response