Spare tire key plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the spare tire key plug in the rear bumper. I drove off with the plug setting on the rear bumper and low and behold it fell off and was ran over by another vehicle and destroyed. Maybe one of you guys that has replaced your rear bumper has one lying around that you would like to get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@FITZ has @2014RubyRed's, but it is specific to his key.... but you can just pop the c-clip on the back and it'll slide in and out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the spare tire key plug in the rear bumper. I drove off with the plug setting on the rear bumper and low and behold it fell off and was ran over by another vehicle and destroyed. Maybe one of you guys that has replaced your rear bumper has one lying around that you would like to get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.
guilty.

never replaced mine though

OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it not keyed to your truck key? Are they universal?

I thought they were universal but apparently they are not.

Lock Assembly 4L3Z1543262BC $136.63

It comes with Re-Key tools and instructions

Thanks Idleone, that's the price I was quoted at my local ford dealer and when I picked myself up off the floor I told him no thank you. I was there to pick up the part I had ordered the day before for $15 and change but it turned out to only be the plastic cap. It looks like this mistake is going to cost me dearly.

OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one still kicking around in the garage I gotta look for it for ya..

Thanks Icecobra, I hope you find it. Now I need to find out what tools are needed and the instructions to re-key. It's bound to be something simple.:everything:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new cylinder comes with instructions, but , I can't find them online. I'm sure that a locksmith could re key the cylinder for about $20. gl

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need a new pin set. i have rekeyed a few locks and usually they come with a new pin tumbler set. they are small metal rods of different lengths and theres a good possibility that the pins in another persons lock are not the same lengths so you cant reuse them. sometimes the pins line up if they are moved to a different spot, but to get all of them to match is not likely