Some safety questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At what point do you NEED bead locks before blowing the tire off a rim?

How much off roading can be done before you get hit in the face with an airbag?

Just talking extremes here and not rock crawling

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can do a heck of a lot of serious off road driving/jumping etc without bead locks. Have done quite a bit myself and know tons of people that have done more all with either stock or street lock(decorative) rims. If you are doing doughnuts with the tires aired down you could have issues depending on pressure you run and conditions. Have done many doughnuts aired down at the sand dunes without loosing a bead yet.

You have to do something really serious to get the airbags to go off. I have landed very hard on jumps and had no issues either. Using off road mode will delay air bag sensors too.

D

Deleted member 12951

Cornering hard on bumpy surface with low pressure for the beadlocks

Going 80mph, losing control and hitting a boulder taller than the raptor head on, that should set off the airbags.

Let us know how it works out?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Going 80mph, losing control and hitting a boulder taller than the raptor head on, that should set off the airbags.

I did this and no bags. I did have my abs fuse pulled though.

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cornering hard on bumpy surface with low pressure for the beadlocks

not trying to kill myself its only tuesday