So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pointer was past 100, so 102...? Think the tachometer was around 2,800 rpms. Felt like the motor dropped a couple cylinders when the limiter turned on.

Anyone know what the factory limiter does to the engine? How it works?

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Mine is 126mph in the dirt on Raptor Run 1 and 2.

I removed the limiter :D

Since you are getting a roll cage and custom suspension. What do you think your "NEW" top dirt speed will be ?
Since you are already the fastest on rough dirt ?

Maybe you could get on one of the many dry lake beds and go for a stock 4x4 land speed record ? I think Gale Banks engineering did something like that.
How cool would that be, worlds fastest Raptor ? You like speed, you seem to have plenty of cash, how about it ? FRF would be so proud of you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPRSNK

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you are getting a roll cage and custom suspension. What do you think your "NEW" top dirt speed will be ?
Since you are already the fastest on rough dirt ?

Maybe you could get on one of the many dry lake beds and go for a stock 4x4 land speed record ? I think Gale Banks engineering did something like that.
How cool would that be, worlds fastest Raptor ? You like speed, you seem to have plenty of cash, how about it ? FRF would be so proud of you.

Not going to happen without forced injection and a built race engine. Running the desert isn't exactly the best option for forced induction. Too much heat and I wouldn't feel safe with our tires only rated for 110mph. Those speeds I did hit were on a dry lake bed.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my supercab, I was 99mph in the dirt, 4x4, and ORM. The pedal was smashed against the floor for a good 1/4 mile after the limiter turned on.

In my supercrew, I've had it up above 100mph twice. Once, I was in-between two NASTY storm cells (thanks, Sirius Travel-Link for giving me a heads up!) and the other was on a lonesome paved road in Alabama.

These damn truck are scary capable!

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
105. I think my speedo reads 3 or 4 over what I am actualy running though. This is based on all the bs speed check indacatores I have drove by.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Usually, the indicated speed on the speedo should be three FASTER than what you're actually traveling. That way when you think you're being badass and doing 75 on the highway, the cops only see 72.

At least that's how all my Ford's have ever been.