So does your Raptor fit height wise in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit. But the antenna will hit when you pull in and out unless you trim it or replace it with a shorter one.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will fit just remember to close you sunroof if you have it tilted. Antenna will also need a 4 to 5" trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My antenna hits the door and I have 2-3" of clearance (with mirrors extended) on my standard single door. Tight fit but no issues.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your garage... mine didn't fit at first. I had to raise the height of the actual garage door opener, not because it was in the way, but the curve of the "j" bar that pulls the door hung low enough to scrape the top of my Raptor. Anyway, that height adjustment and a little touch up paint fixed the problem for me.

The moral of the story is just because a Raptor fits in someone else's garage does not guarantee it will fit in another garage. Always check!

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I have no garage, but I do have a 14 foot tall carport that is 20 feet wide and 31 feet long. It just works...

PICT0010_zps2e06e1e7.jpg

You can see it in the background.

Prime Target

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your garage... mine didn't fit at first. I had to raise the height of the actual garage door opener, not because it was in the way, but the curve of the "j" bar that pulls the door hung low enough to scrape the top of my Raptor. Anyway, that height adjustment and a little touch up paint fixed the problem for me.

The moral of the story is just because a Raptor fits in someone else's garage does not guarantee it will fit in another garage. Always check!

Same exact issue with my garage door opener. Raise the height of the opener to allow the door to be fully pulled open and it will squeak under the standard garage door height.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I trimmed the j hook so it matches the section that connects to the garage. Sawzall and it's good to go. Plenty of room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with the others it will fit a "standard" height door but you need to check all the variables like the opener height. Personally I cheated and built the garage with 8' doors.

Jetskimobile1

Reaction score
I also raise the sensors on the doors that stop the door from closing when blocked. I raise them to bumper level. That way if the bumper isn't clear of the sensors it will not close. With them at normal height off the floor the door will still close with part of the bed out the door. Started doing this on the last 3 houses. With the Raptor I have to pull almost to the front wall to clear the door.