So does your Raptor fit height wise in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it made it thru the garage. It looked close but actually cleared it by about 3 inches. Now hopefully it will go thru with the mid perch cause i will be getting it done even if it means parking in the big boys lot!

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MId perch will only affect overall height by about an inch so you'll be fine.

The back is still higher than the front and the roof starts a couple of feet back from the front axle so it's not 1:1 on front end lift increasing overall height.

If you want to test, you could run the front wheels up on to a 2x4 or something and then measure at the running board. That's what I did vs. trying to measure at the roof which is pretty much impossible to get an accurate reading.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I just bought a house and will be closing on it on the 16th. This was helpfull where my garage door frame measures 6' 10" and I'm at mid perch.Now I know it will fit!! Great news concidering it's been siting outside for a year now :)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if it's close remember you can adjust the up-travel on most garage door openers to squeeze out another 1/2" or so.

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through 3-4 antennas on my last truck before getting one that fits in the garage without sacrificing reception. I bought a $7 replacment at pep boys and kept the antenna off my trade in. It was the first mod on my raptor when i got it home friday.

2ceb6358.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I just ordered the 13" antenna from amazon along with a heat shield and an svt leather keyring....gotta have one of those!

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I just ordered the 13" antenna from amazon along with a heat shield and an svt leather keyring....gotta have one of those!

Heat Shield?

original.jpg

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know them things that shield heat? theyre the big craze now

but ya I got the 13" also and its just as good if not better then the stock antenna and was like $13 on ebay

Attachments

• dn10288-1_600.jpg
    dn10288-1_600.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

triggerfish

Reaction score
Being currently in the market for a Raptor, one of the things I want to know is if it will fit in my garage... I just feel that this truck will get a lot of attention (from neighbors, vandals, thief's, jealous people, etc), and as much as I'm spending on it I want to be able to garage it while not in use.

I already know a Raptor will fit in my garage length wise and wide wise, but the top clearance is going to be tight. My driveway comes up at a very slight angle to my garage door that has 82" of clearance... 81" when you hit the slight lip to actually go into my garage.

Looking at the Ford SVT website, it says that the Raptor height is 78.5". If all of this is correct, it looks like I should be OK with about 2" of clearance.

Just wondering if any of you guys have a similar setup and what your thoughts are in my circumstances?

I guess I will not be putting on a top light bar! :boxed:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine. I clear 6'8" garage warning signs on mid perch. By the way, that's the first mod to do off the lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk