Snow and ice performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to bomb through some unplowed snow... in the Starbucks parking lot. Damn concrete jungle Raptor.

The road I live on is really steep, yesterday morning the tow truck for whatever reason plowed down the street and put the berm in the uphill side Lane, I plowed all the way up the road in the berm lol,, no problem.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/5/2014 Eastbound near Effingham, IN. 10" of unplowed on I70 in the hammer lane. Snowed like a big dog all the way to Ft. Wayne. Raptor was a beast, 4H with the rear locked...unstoppable. I can't tell you how many other rigs I passed. Really tried not being "that ******* in the 4x4"....probably failed.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05 13.18.54.jpg
    2014-01-05 13.18.54.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are just having our first heavy snowfall here in the Alps...Around 10" of fresh unplowed snow on the road to the nearest ski resort...

30 miles of mountain roads and trails, Raptor is a beast, blasted through everything, even trough 25-30" snow banks as the wind was blowing hard...

4Hi and Advancetrac Sport, need to try it with ELD locked but traction was aleady perfect without so...I was worried aout the stock tires as many on FRF say they'r bad on snow but well they performsflawlessly...passed a lot of tourists rigs stucked, like 6Gun said, tried not to be that "*******" in the 4x4...Failed !! :party36:

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are just having our first heavy snowfall here in the Alps...Around 10" of fresh unplowed snow on the road to the nearest ski resort...

30 miles of mountain roads and trails, Raptor is the beast, blasted through everything, even trough 25-30" snow banks as the wind was blowing hard...

4Hi and Advancetrac Sport, need to try it with ELD locked but traction was aleady perfect without so...I was worried aout the stock tires as many on FRF say they'r bad on snow but well they performs flawlessly...passed a lot of tourists rigs stucked, like 6Gun said, tried not to be that "*******" in the 4x4...Failed !! :party36:

I've been happy with the stock tires. I've always swore on ATs in snow on the TJ I've never ran them on a truck yet, we've only had 2 snow storms so far since I've had the raptor so the jury's still out but,,,,,,,,,,,,

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with the stock tires. I've always swore on ATs in snow on the TJ I've never ran them on a truck yet, we've only had 2 snow storms so far since I've had the raptor so the jury's still out but,,,,,,,,,,,,

Have had no issues with the AT KO's at all. First set I siped early on and they performed flawlessly in every condition: snow, sand, mud and street. Threw everything at them and they wouldn't give in. Even ran them up to 50K miles before they were down to the wear bars. Siping them I believe helps with snow/ice traction and maybe even dry traction. No tread chunking at all. Wish they were more aggressive in the looks dept, but performance-wise, no reservations. As for the truck? I wouldn't hesitate to take anywhere, anytime. Only rig that did better offroad in the 4LO conditions was my 48 Willys CJ2A.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had no issues with the AT KO's at all. First set I siped early on and they performed flawlessly in every condition: snow, sand, mud and street. Threw everything at them and they wouldn't give in. Even ran them up to 50K miles before they were down to the wear bars. Siping them I believe helps with snow/ice traction and maybe even dry traction. No tread chunking at all. Wish they were more aggressive in the looks dept, but performance-wise, no reservations. As for the truck? I wouldn't hesitate to take anywhere, anytime. Only rig that did better offroad in the 4LO conditions was my 48 Willys CJ2A.

You siped your tires yourself or it's professional job ? Never heard of that before

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have it done before you mount them by a pro. Most places that sipe won't do it on used tires because of the rocks that can be stuck in there will damage their blades on the sipe machine.