Small hole under steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does everyone have a small hole under the steering wheel?.... its located under the steering wheel at the base........ odd....:wtf2:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're describing the OBDII port where you plug a handheld tuner and other such devices into...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, just went and looked at mine, I see what you're talking about (definitely not the OBDII port, that's further down toward the brake pedal). I stuck a tiny flashlight in and contorted down there for a peek inside... Didn't really see much going on in there, nothing really noteworthy to me, but I'm sure the hole has a purpose. This sounds like a question for the guys with blue names here on the forum.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found three: left side, bottom center, and right side. Might be alignment holes for assembly.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
yeah they are probably either manufacturing/assembly artifacts or possibly cooling holes for any electronics contained within the steering wheel