Sliders and Skid Plates, oh my! (WARNING: Pic Heavy!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Joe. Just got done crawling around under the truck to check. You owe me a clean shirt ;)

Keep in mind like I said I hope to never need these skids or sliders. And so far, so good in that regard; there's no scrapes or ground impact dents anywhere on any of it. Therefore I can't speak to how well they've held up in that regard since, obviously, I haven't taxed them in that way.

However, they have absolutely suffered their fair share of sandblasting, rock pelting, mud sticking, water soaking abuse. And honestly, they look as good as the day I installed them; no dents and no finish chipping cracking or bubbling anywhere that I can find. The *only* rust I see is on the welds we made attaching the sliders to the frame; the Rustoleum I covered them with is starting to give up, so I need to get under there with a wire brush and reapply.

But that's it. I continue to be as impressed as possible with these.

Hope that helps!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BigJ, The truck looks great. HeaftyFabworks makes some really nice stuff. I won a HF skid plate in the last FRF raffle. Chris gave me a choice of what I wanted. I went with an aluminum transmission skid plate. Man, is that thing solid and Chris was awesome to deal with. Raptor Addict is selling his stuff now.

The LineX and new SS bolts rock.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Hefty Fabworks and ADD build true rock sliders for the Raptor that either bolt or weld to the frame. Not sure if they still offer them, as the threads were quite old.

Does any one else offer them?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the post is old. I didn't see the rock sliders on the Hefty Fab Works website. Anyone know if they're still available?

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent email to sales dept. If I don't hear back I will call.

****update***** Chris emailed me. Hefty still makes the sliders.

Last edited:

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update: I just had the aluminum plates LineX'd. Much more gooder! No more rattling and far more grippy. I also replaced the rounded allen key bolts with stainless hex's with stainless washers. They're a perfect match for the wheels. Yeah, I'm **** like that.

1.jpg

b-1.jpg

a-1.jpg

What rear bumper are you running?

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score