skid jack or high lift jack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wanted to get an opinion on whats better to have...the basic roller jack with a skid plate or the high lift jack...what are the pros and cons?

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question. Not a ton of high jack lift points on the truck other than the recovery loops? I carry a jack on a skid and a block.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a hi-lift and have only used it once in 5 years for recovery and that is when it was on my F250. I plan on getting the 3 1/2 ton floor jack from HF in the near future & acquiring a skid to mount it on.

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have both in the truck. The High lift is hopefully not going to be used. It is there as an insurance policy. I have the HF 2.5 ton with a skid plate. Almost bought the bigger jack but reasearched it and found a lot of people were using the 2.5 ton. It is lighter so I went that way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skid Jack is what I use.

Yes, hi-lift jacks can serve other purposes, but they are also downright squirrely to use on a Raptor from a safety standpoint.