Silver lake dunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Thanks all for the info. I did browse through the dnr site but info is vague. Are the passes something I can get any day on my way to the dunes or if I go on a Sunday do I have to do the whole pre timed order pick up thing to get in?

Also, do these stores stock a good number of flags? Or should I be worried about getting there and not being able to grab one? If so I'd much rather buy one before I leave home but it's much more convenient to get one there of course.

The stickers you can get as you go thru the dunes parking gates. The weekend vouchers (for sat/sun) are available the night before (Fri/sat) and you will have to get in line and wait till voucher line opens. On a NON-holiday weekend you shouldn't have any problem getting a voucher, even if you go the next morning to get it.

Don't worry bout supply of flags. Been going there 20 years (first year w/ the raptor! Cant wait!!) and there's never been a shortage. I'm convinced that flag sales are what keeps those vendors open Haha jk. Flags are usually $20-30 plus whatever mount you go with.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the orv pass can be picked up at most grocery store customer service desks. The passport needed to get into the dunes can be purchased at the campground on the south side of silver lake

If you need an effective flag mount hit up jimmy at WSI.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I make the June event, I'm planning on hitting up Silver Lake either Friday or Monday too.

I wonder if the flags from around Little Sahara are the same length and if WSI's mount works on the front of the truck too.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WSI mount works fine on the front tow hooks.

I bought a 2 piece flag and would recommend it since it is easy to toss in the bed. Mine came with a section of pipe insulation as a cushion to save the hood.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it would work on the front, I just haven't looked at it since he put it on my truck.