Side mirror trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

george16

Reaction score
Ok, I am looking buying a raptor. Local ford dealer let me drive home to test it out for 24 hours. While I was driving on the highway the little price of plastic trim actually fell/blew off the back of the side mirror. It is the plastic price at the back top of the mirror that is painted the same color as the car.
I have a bad feeing that they will want to charge me a ton of money for this.
Anyone know where I can get a replacement in south east Florida? New or used? Even the entire mirror assembly, so I won't pay the outrageous dealer price.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

BTW this is for a 2014. It has the turn signal lights on the mirrors.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shoot, take that thing back and tell them what happened to it. You haven't even bought the truck yet. There's no way that they are going to be able to charge you for something that failed on a test drive.

If they give you any grief over it, just walk away. You don't want to do business with a place that's going to blame you for a failure on their truck.

Hopefully they will replace it and sell you a vehicle.

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
G

george16

Reaction score
Yeah but I took it home for 24 hours and signed that I am responsible for any damage.
I'm sure it was broken before and not properly repaired.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the piece under the mirror on the arm that does not move..... that part cannot be ordered. It is only sold with the full mirror and was $900 for it.

Mine was missing after I got my truck and the dealer told me I could put in as a warranty claim. Ford said it is a "Trim" piece and would not replace it. The deal did it a their cost to get me to come back for work. That worked for me and I want back all the time due to the service.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without any signs of fresh damage to the mirror, caused by some type of impact, it'll be up to them to prove negligence on your part. They can tell you it's your responsibility but they can't force you to pay. I wonder if a carfax would contain information that could help reveal a likely cause for the failure, such as a previous crash? Look for signs that the previous owner glued the piece on as well. I know I wouldn't pay, or try to hide it if it simply fell off while driving.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All else fails give your insurance company a call. This will likely be covered under you borrowed vehicle clause depending on your coverage and could be potentially handled under your property damage coverage. Good luck