Shout out of thanks to FRF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So today I am extra thankful for my joining and supporting this forum. So today I was out offroading my raptor near Corava, NC and my truck just died on me. My first thought was "Oh Shit!", because I was out here pretty much alone since I was just running to and from the store to get necessities for the beach house. So I tried the engine again, it started then died. Then I started thinking of some of the posts with trouble that had been similar to what I was experiencing. So I went to inspect, no oil leaks, check dipstick for oil and it was fine. This was the first thing I went to sine the oil pressure indicator had popped up on the info panel, even though the gauge was showing plenty of pressure. Next inspect the intake, since I remember a thread where someone's CAI tube came loose and the engine died. Yup it was the tube to my volant that came loose behind the Mass air flow sensor. Luckily, I had been prepping for HITH and had some of my tool kit and recovery gear with me even if my rack is not here yet. (Should be installing it on Saturday night) In that kit I had enough to re attach and tighten the clamp. Then took a second to take the battery loose for 5 mins, not sure this really was needed but figured it might help reset the ECM.

So I want to thank all of those on this forum who are kind enough to share their experiences and knowledge. Between the prep for havoc threads and the other engine problem threads it really saved my bacon.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen to me twice. Only down side to the Volant IMO. Once was the connection to the TB, next was the connection from the box.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
There have been several occasions where I have been working on my truck and had to stop because I was unsure of something. When the Google search returns a thread from FRF #1 it brings a great sense of pride and happiness over me. One time I even came up on a post that I had made and was like duhhhhh.

OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had that happen to me twice. Only down side to the Volant IMO. Once was the connection to the TB, next was the connection from the box.

Agreed. It would have been nice to have for volant to give about 1 to 2 inches more on the connector material.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been several occasions where I have been working on my truck and had to stop because I was unsure of something. When the Google search returns a thread from FRF #1 it brings a great sense of pride and happiness over me. One time I even came up on a post that I had made and was like duhhhhh.
I googled doucheboots and BOOM. Here I am.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure the wife has had a field day with this one... off roading on the way out to get bread and milk. The Raptor makes it so easy. Hell, I'm sure blockdoc and motomute off road on the way in when they are in call, hahaha.

Good information on here. Lately, not so much.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com