Should I sell?

• Yup, Sell it now! Cut your losses and get out of debt

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • No, Keep it and make it work!

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are making me scared to commit to one. Now I'm getting 11-14 MPG on my Ecoboost. Why do you think it's more expensive then regular F150?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP: I agree with Kaiser (and anyone else who said it), "Part it out" to get the most return on your mods.

They won't be worth what you hope for when you sell them with the truck.

I've seen your asking price and I think it's too high but you never know, someone might want it that way and be willing to pay premium money for it.

GLWS

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are making me scared to commit to one. Now I'm getting 11-14 MPG on my Ecoboost. Why do you think it's more expensive then regular F150?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just figure out what your payment is and set that money aside each month before buying the car. Factor in gas, registration, insurance, etc. Then use that money as part of the down payment. That is my plan next time I buy a new car. Save the money for a few years instead of snagging it from a home refi :badidea:

OP: I agree with Kaiser (and anyone else who said it), "Part it out" to get the most return on your mods.

They won't be worth what you hope for when you sell them with the truck.

I've seen your asking price and I think it's too high but you never know, someone might want it that way and be willing to pay premium money for it.

GLWS

KBB private party for my truck is $49,800 stock. I am asking $56 for a lot of great mods I don't see on the other vehicles for sale. If someone wants to negotiate the extra $6k I added, they can state their case and I will hear them out.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't sell it yourself, send it to me and I'll have it sold in less than 12 mos and won't even charge you a commission... But you'll have to keep the insurance up, & pay the taxes & tag, & monthly fuel fees until sold.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will need to find someone that is not on the forum, does not know the truck but has money and has to have it... (some rich kid would work)

As much as we are all addicted to adding mods to our trucks, we must realize that they really do not change the value of the truck to anyone but the person adding the mod.

I have a dealer lic and watch the resale market through retail and auction channels. All of your mods might bring you a little extra money but the reality is, a 2011 has a Manhiem Market value between $35 and $37000 (Retail avg is $42.000) You might get $45-46 with mods
For example: A silver 2011 Crew with bumpers, wheels/tires etc sold for $33,100 at the Manhiem auction in Nevada. It was 100% in working order but 90,000 miles. The mods did nothing to the vehicle value...
I would imagine you will see this on a dealer lot for $37-$39,000 in Nevada and someone will think its a great buy

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I will add 1 more thing... The numbers I was looking at are a national average, and your specific region may bring better value due to demand. Around me the average retail on an 11 crew low miles and clean is $42-45,000. demand is high in TX

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold for $49k ($47k after $2k consignment fees). Happiest day was when I bought it, second happiest day is the day I sold it. No more being car poor! Finally bought work clothes that fit and time to start working on the house.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sold for $49k ($47k after $2k consignment fees). Happiest day was when I bought it, second happiest day is the day I sold it. No more being car poor! Finally bought work clothes that fit and time to start working on the house.

Congrats. I gotta admit I found this thread a bit depressing. I had purposefully avoided calculating the total cost of ownership so I could talk myself into spending $50K on a used 2013 pickup truck with 26K miles.

I'm starting to understand why my wife thinks I'm crazy. :cool:

After further and careful reflection and consideration, I still don't care. It's a really nice truck. :patriot:

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
glad everything worked out... family always comes first and being able to take care of your self over your stuff is always and should be your number one priority...