Shocks stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The theifs would be doing me a favor, and because they are bolted to the truck, they are covered under insurance :), please, go ahead take them!!

To those that have aftermarket equipment, make sure to notify your insurance if you replace parts or upgrade your truck. Remember, they think they are insuring a base Raptor and your rates are a reflection of that ACV. If something is stolen they will owe for OE parts or whatever is less. Just something to keep in mind for all.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To those that have aftermarket equipment, make sure to notify your insurance if you replace parts or upgrade your truck. Remember, they think they are insuring a base Raptor and your rates are a reflection of that ACV. If something is stolen they will owe for OE parts or whatever is less. Just something to keep in mind for all.
Folks who are viewing this post may want to take a look though here. Not all insurance companies will cover modifications. Best to call and find out.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not all insurance companies will cover modifications. Best to call and find out.

Exactly, I just didn't want people to assume. And definitely not suggesting that anyone does not try to protect their investments. I'll go this route when I upgrade. Piece of mind is worth its weight in gold.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AllShit, I mean AllState only covers up to $1,000 in mods.

Also, Its awesome how it works. Lets say you have a set of Methods stolen and you do not have the additional custom equipment insurance to cover it, the company will first research the cost of the OE wheels. This price will likely exceed the cost of the Methods so you will not have to use your additional coverage. (My company does not research reconditioned or LKQ parts when considering the endorcement) If they do exceed the price of the OE equipment, only the amount over the OE equipment is applied to your $1000.00 custom equipment endorsement maximum. Same goes for paint, wraps, audio and anything else you can think of that is custom and not specifically insured. /thread jack sorry

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously did not think people were stealing rear shocks. 100% agree with the theyre bolted to the truck so its covered comment though.

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tip on light bars (or any bolt on piece for that matter) - find a 12 point nut to replace the standard 6 point. Not many would be thieves walk around with 12 pnt tools in their pocket.

might not do much at the end of the day but if they have to screw around longer than 30 seconds they will probably peace out.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tip on light bars (or any bolt on piece for that matter) - find a 12 point nut to replace the standard 6 point. Not many would be thieves walk around with 12 pnt tools in their pocket.

might not do much at the end of the day but if they have to screw around longer than 30 seconds they will probably peace out.

If someone is going to steal the shocks off of your truck, they won't have just been rolling around before hand. They would definitely have spent some time checking for security and probably even hardware requirements prior to actually attempting the theft. A garage or a tilt sensor are probably the only two things that would sctually be an effective deterrent.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AllShit, I mean AllState only covers up to $1,000 in mods.

Not true they covered everything on my truck when I needed it done including powder coating the rear bumper to match the new black front they had to replace. Both bumpers were grey and went black this time. They are great to deal with. Didn't give a shit about cut frame horns, covered my Glassworks fenders and liners, etc.