shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've obliterated this topic 10X over. What I will say since this is the more appropriate thread is hearing not one but two different raptor owners say that they are planning on switching from "brand x" 3.0 coilover to a RPG Fox 3.0 at TRR. I'll leave it at that.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say if ICON/FOX/KING could make the perfect shock for everyone. There would be no competition, prices would sky rocket, no new developments, and it would suck ass for the consumers..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've obliterated this topic 10X over. What I will say since this is the more appropriate thread is hearing not one but two different raptor owners say that they are planning on switching from "brand x" 3.0 coilover to a RPG Fox 3.0 at TRR. I'll leave it at that.

This is kinda funny since this is what I heard from people that bought(Ill say the name)Fox shocks and weren't happy all with them. ITs crazy that some people want to upgrade their shocks to any of these badass shocks and go out and think they can now be walker evans with their still 99.9% stock Raptor... Unless you are doing it like you did or a few others on this forum have these will get the regular guy in way over his head before he knows it.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is kinda funny since this is what I heard from people that bought(Ill say the name)Fox shocks and weren't happy all with them. .

But had they just driven or rode back to back laps on the same track with the two different setups??

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Every persons opinion will be different in terms of ride comfort, on road feeling, etc...

Even if the same person drives to different Raptors with the same shock setup, it will "feel different"

Just like the difference between scabs and screws..

What works for high speed whoops rides like dog shit on the highway expansion joints.

It is a vicious circle that there is no clear "best shock"..

Just use the data presented, read other members reviews, go to events and drive other Raptors, and talk to vendors/manufacturers..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

I'm pretty sure I said about the same to three different people at TRR. There is no winner, all the shocks are basically awesome and I doubt us peons could really tell much difference.