shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What, no takers now.... he-he
The way that I see BigJ's work is left to the end user and how they plan to use their truck. The guys that want an active working wheel movement on trails and small whoops, verses the guys doing dunes and large jumps would benefit from seeing what each shock does in the real world. I am not a dune jumper or big air guy, so I would look at the range that suits me and then dial in from there. Will one style do all, in short yes, but not all styles best. Figure how you drive and want todrive and make the best of the data that has been generated for logical decisions....
I would also love to see the rear shock of similar tests.:headbang:
OSP

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every persons opinion will be different in terms of ride comfort, on road feeling, etc...

Even if the same person drives to different Raptors with the same shock setup, it will "feel different"

Just like the difference between scabs and screws..

What works for high speed whoops rides like dog shit on the highway expansion joints.

It is a vicious circle that there is no clear "best shock"..

Just use the data presented, read other members reviews, go to events and drive other Raptors, and talk to vendors/manufacturers..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove a propane tank all the way to town and back home with out it tipping over I'm absolutely amazed. try that in any other brand truck on the market!