Shock powder coat color choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have been throwing around the idea of rezink plating fox and icons. It's pretty much the same as the nickel plating process. The issue is you have to plate or coat the inside of the shock also. With these processes the more square inches you treat the more voltage you need. So that doubles the square inches and voltage needed and gets expensive to buy a power source. That being said I have a power source to do it. So if anyone want me to try this on their shocks. I'd love to do it.
@t_j beat ya to it!!! 786c77a9c16bdde96fd8511269ea5c4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about chrome? Look for places that rebuild hydraulic cylinders and you can have the clean and polish and chrome. Should be able to do the shafts as well.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been throwing around the idea of rezink plating fox and icons. It's pretty much the same as the nickel plating process. The issue is you have to plate or coat the inside of the shock also. With these processes the more square inches you treat the more voltage you need. So that doubles the square inches and voltage needed and gets expensive to buy a power source. That being said I have a power source to do it. So if anyone want me to try this on their shocks. I'd love to do it.
@t_j beat ya to it!!!

But can they take a beating?