Shipping the Hog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright fellas, just looking for more of an opinion on this one: I drove my truck from my home in Phoenix to here in Virginia for some work that I had these past two months. The drive over here wasn't horrendous, but I was looking forward to not doing it again. However, after pricing it out and people asking around 1700-2100 bucks to ship the thing, it seems more worth it to drive the darn thing back than ship it. Not to mention, these companies all seem so shady. My question is, does anyone know of a reputable shipper who has experience with raptors, or should I just ditch my plane ticket (booked it with miles), and do the drive again? Thanks for any help, really on the fence with this one.

D

Deleted member 12951

Are you worried about the miles you put on it? For the amount of time it takes to drive and expenses, are you losing money because during that time, you would be making money? And if so, are you making more than $2100 minus those expenses?

If No to those questions, then drive it.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roadtrip, the answer is always roadtrip.

But seriously, I'm curious as to the pricing of the shipment. I had mine shipped from Baltimore to Hawaii on the lower end of your quotes.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did post it on uShip, my concern was that some of the bids on the truck are from some shady companies, two of which don't even have reviews. I just had a bid come in for 1500, still seems a bit high, but I suppose shipping prices have gone up in the past few years.

Lol road trips definitely can be great, maybe my tires would go bald and give me a reason to buy some Toyo's :signs8:

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, came across that earlier but like the OP said, those recommended transporters have some astronomical prices.

I'm leaning towards driving, a 2010 with 61k miles and 63,5 when it's all over; hardly even broken in...

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the added miles. Like you say might get you new tires. Mine gets 15.5mpg on the highway. At that price your about $500 in gas to get there. Like one of the posts above the only justification would be having to be there earlier to make more money then you would spend in expenses.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove mine from Baltimore to Houston to SLC and it was no big thing. Took full advantage of my travel days and perdiem. Some days I was only on the road for 6 hours.

RaptorRaider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roadtrip, the answer is always roadtrip.

But seriously, I'm curious as to the pricing of the shipment. I had mine shipped from Baltimore to Hawaii on the lower end of your quotes.

I just moved from Florida to Hawaii, I drove cross country to Long Beach so it would get to Hawaii faster. Cost me $1100 to ship; I got quoted to ship from Charleston, SC to Hawaii and it was the same price....but a 30 day difference in delivery.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Alright fellas, just looking for more of an opinion on this one: I drove my truck from my home in Phoenix to here in Virginia for some work that I had these past two months. The drive over here wasn't horrendous, but I was looking forward to not doing it again. However, after pricing it out and people asking around 1700-2100 bucks to ship the thing, it seems more worth it to drive the darn thing back than ship it. Not to mention, these companies all seem so shady. My question is, does anyone know of a reputable shipper who has experience with raptors, or should I just ditch my plane ticket (booked it with miles), and do the drive again? Thanks for any help, really on the fence with this one.
just drive it and make it a road trip rather than rushing.

I recently came from the same area as u, stopped in Virginia Beach, Charleston, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Phoenix. It was awesome. Of course I hit up Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, then Los Angeles too. Best road trip ever.