She's gone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetalNeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really had no idea how harshly I'd be affected by today. The day I sold my fully built Molten Raptor. I got her in 2010. She was the O.G. Molten Scab with the 5.2. The first christening was to get her dirty chasing for a Toyota truck racing in the BITD Vegas to Reno the first week I had her. She was bone stock. With a good buddy and a bed full of tools we took her out, I knew it was just the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Slowly I added features such as the new ADD front bumper which I waited for 8 weeks because they were just a tiny shop with 3 or 4 people and were back ordered. As soon as I got the bumper I put the truck to mid perch and took her to Death Valley. I put over 1400 miles on that trip alone exploring and taking scouts around for tours. In my small town, this bright orange truck stood out like a Christmas tree in Syria. Everybody knew who it belonged to, and I'd always get comments like, "Hey, I saw your truck at the supermarket", or "Were you driving down the freeway at 6 AM last friday?". More and more this Ford truck was becoming my Identity. Fast forward some time I ended up adding RPG bump Stops, and bumpers, and various items with Outlaw. I soon became part of a group called Expediton X. My girlfriend "Kitty" and I went on a run pretty stock and was taken in by the family. Coming from a race background I admired the vehicles that were modified by SVC Off-Road. That is when I decided to go full monty on my truck. After many discussions with Jarret the owner of SVC Off-Road the decision was made. They were the right team to build what I wanted. They went far beyond the call of duty building me an incredible fully caged 3 seat machine and their signature podium package suspension system. The truck far exceeded my expectations. the two trips I was able to experience in my truck with Expedition X were absolutely what my soul cried for. The second trip I took my 10 year old "daughter" and she fell in love with the experience. Going through a life career change I felt it was appropriate to gear down and get a vehicle that was more balanced for my and Kitty's new career in Real Estate. I decided that a fully caged 3 race seat Raptor was probably not the best vehicle to take new clients around in. I will cut the details. Today I sold her. Today I also did what I did not expect. I cried. I tried to convince myself that this was only a truck. I can replace her someday. But truth be told. Its a lifestyle. It was my identity. This truck helped calm my head on nights I could not sleep. I re-built her in my dreams. I re-drove her through the canyons in my sleep. Also, the friends we made and will continue to keep are of the most dedicated and loyal kind. Our last trip my truck broke a shock bracket and just like our U.S. military would do, no man left behind. We held up several trucks for a couple hours in the sweltering desert as many crawled in the silt to try and get our truck back in working order. There was never one whimper or protest. We were an army with the attitude of we all get out or none of us go. These are my true friends. This is my lifestyle. Yes. This was not just a truck. This is my lifestyle. It is my theme. These are my friends. I really never cared what people though of my truck. I laughed when one would come up and say "You take that thing muddin?" Like a soldier feels, unless they'd been there, they would never understand, so why bother. Today, a part of me died. Possibly so another part of me could be born. My truck was sold to such a wonderful person who is key to testing the new 2017 Raptors. My truck will live on a test course chasing new trucks. This truck is going to truly a great place with a great person as its new master. But I still cried. What do I do next? How do I cart my new clients around for my new business venture? In a Raptor of course! Yes, I will be seeking a new (slightly used) SCREW Raptor to get up and running. What about the future? I will take her slow but I will build her. First upper perch, tires, wheels. Next Deavers. Radio, GPS, and when my new venture takes off? Yes. A full build. But if she is bone stock, I will be going out with my brothers and sisters of Expedition X and any group that just loves to go experience life. To my Orange Crush, I lift my glass, and I thank you for all the joy we shared.

Attachments

• 12138595_493054404201165_223915449146605168_o.jpg
    12138595_493054404201165_223915449146605168_o.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 21599972226_b4ae17e6ea_b.jpg
    21599972226_b4ae17e6ea_b.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 12186490_500893476750591_4760451642785519047_o.jpg
    12186490_500893476750591_4760451642785519047_o.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 179

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really had no idea how harshly I'd be affected by today. The day I sold my fully built Molten Raptor. I got her in 2010. She was the O.G. Molten Scab with the 5.2. The first christening was to get her dirty chasing for a Toyota truck racing in the BITD Vegas to Reno the first week I had her. She was bone stock. With a good buddy and a bed full of tools we took her out, I knew it was just the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Slowly I added features such as the new ADD front bumper which I waited for 8 weeks because they were just a tiny shop with 3 or 4 people and were back ordered. As soon as I got the bumper I put the truck to mid perch and took her to Death Valley. I put over 1400 miles on that trip alone exploring and taking scouts around for tours. In my small town, this bright orange truck stood out like a Christmas tree in Syria. Everybody knew who it belonged to, and I'd always get comments like, "Hey, I saw your truck at the supermarket", or "Were you driving down the freeway at 6 AM last friday?". More and more this Ford truck was becoming my Identity. Fast forward some time I ended up adding RPG bump Stops, and bumpers, and various items with Outlaw. I soon became part of a group called Expediton X. My girlfriend "Kitty" and I went on a run pretty stock and was taken in by the family. Coming from a race background I admired the vehicles that were modified by SVC Off-Road. That is when I decided to go full monty on my truck. After many discussions with Jarret the owner of SVC Off-Road the decision was made. They were the right team to build what I wanted. They went far beyond the call of duty building me an incredible fully caged 3 seat machine and their signature podium package suspension system. The truck far exceeded my expectations. the two trips I was able to experience in my truck with Expedition X were absolutely what my soul cried for. The second trip I took my 10 year old "daughter" and she fell in love with the experience. Going through a life career change I felt it was appropriate to gear down and get a vehicle that was more balanced for my and Kitty's new career in Real Estate. I decided that a fully caged 3 race seat Raptor was probably not the best vehicle to take new clients around in. I will cut the details. Today I sold her. Today I also did what I did not expect. I cried. I tried to convince myself that this was only a truck. I can replace her someday. But truth be told. Its a lifestyle. It was my identity. This truck helped calm my head on nights I could not sleep. I re-built her in my dreams. I re-drove her through the canyons in my sleep. Also, the friends we made and will continue to keep are of the most dedicated and loyal kind. Our last trip my truck broke a shock bracket and just like our U.S. military would do, no man left behind. We held up several trucks for a couple hours in the sweltering desert as many crawled in the silt to try and get our truck back in working order. There was never one whimper or protest. We were an army with the attitude of we all get out or none of us go. These are my true friends. This is my lifestyle. Yes. This was not just a truck. This is my lifestyle. It is my theme. These are my friends. I really never cared what people though of my truck. I laughed when one would come up and say "You take that thing muddin?" Like a soldier feels, unless they'd been there, they would never understand, so why bother. Today, a part of me died. Possibly so another part of me could be born. My truck was sold to such a wonderful person who is key to testing the new 2017 Raptors. My truck will live on a test course chasing new trucks. This truck is going to truly a great place with a great person as its new master. But I still cried. What do I do next? How do I cart my new clients around for my new business venture? In a Raptor of course! Yes, I will be seeking a new (slightly used) SCREW Raptor to get up and running. What about the future? I will take her slow but I will build her. First upper perch, tires, wheels. Next Deavers. Radio, GPS, and when my new venture takes off? Yes. A full build. But if she is bone stock, I will be going out with my brothers and sisters of Expedition X and any group that just loves to go experience life. To my Orange Crush, I lift my glass, and I thank you for all the joy we shared.

This is a great heart felt story. I hope you find what you are looking for soon. Good luck...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Getting me all choked up man... I know exactly how that feels. And it's not because we fall in love with a material possession, (ok we all love our raptors lol), but we love the memories that we make with them. The memories that cannot be replaced. This sport of ours has so much passion, and not only for the vehicles, but for the brotherhood, the comradery. It's hard to not fall in love for what we do with our trucks.

To the next chapter brotha!

D

Deleted member 12951

Nice read, really enjoyed it.

Why couldn't you keep it and just buy another vehicle that would be more appropriate for real estate clients?

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow...bummed to hear she's gone John. Was looking forward to sharing some cocktails in Vegas for your birthday!

I'm happy you were able to create some great memories before you let the truck go. What you describe is exactly why we do what we do. Bringing good people together and sharing amazing experiences together is what it's all about. Looking forward to having you back out down the road. I can definitely see how a caged truck isn't good for taking real estate clients around :biggrin:

OP
OP
MetalNeck

MetalNeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice read, really enjoyed it.

Why couldn't you keep it and just buy another vehicle that would be more appropriate for real estate clients?

I wish I could. I sold my house and I am currently renting until I find a piece of land to build on. (with shop). Too many vehicles crammed into a place between kids coming by and no garage space. Funny. I just made a deal to buy back the Fox shocks as the guy who purchased the truck is switching to Kings. I have a 67 Camaro which I am not attached to for sale in a collectors car sales shop in Sou. Cal. After that sells I will get a commuter vehicle so I can start a real build again on the new Raptor. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Wow...bummed to hear she's gone John. Was looking forward to sharing some cocktails in Vegas for your birthday!

I'm happy you were able to create some great memories before you let the truck go. What you describe is exactly why we do what we do. Bringing good people together and sharing amazing experiences together is what it's all about. Looking forward to having you back out down the road. I can definitely see how a caged truck isn't good for taking real estate clients around :biggrin:

If I can find a Screw before then I will still be joining you! I am looking at one hopefully Tuesday.
Cheers!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol what's with all the emotions, lets man it up around here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk