To Sell or Keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need more info details on your Gen 1. Don't listen to these Gen2 bozo's. Vehicles always goes down in value, including Gen2's. Dealer is low balling and good for you to walk away from that nonsense. Unless we are talking a 2010 with 200k+ miles and in fair shape
I had a gen1, I've had both. There's no ..absolutely zero comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec, did you say the ENTIRE truck was bedlined??

That is why the dealer low balled it, I would too. That is going to be a hard sell for them unless they find that one buyer who likes that look. Surely you knew that when you made that decision to do that?

yep it was sprayed on thin over the tuxedo black, I loved it when hunting or just brushing up against trees I never worried about scratches I got to really use the truck worry~ish free... Also the previous owner did the bedliner I thought it was sweet when I bought it

Its a 2011 and thanks for the compliments and I found a buyer for it I was able to walk away with cash, the deal is pending but I don't see why it wouldn't go threw at this point.

The dealer offered 21k I was able to get 28K

Sorry but the Gen 2 is just better in every way IMO I couldnt find a reason to keep both I already have 2 BMWs that are money pits

Last edited:

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
yep it was sprayed on thin over the tuxedo black, I loved it when hunting or just brushing up against trees I never worried about scratches I got to really use the truck worry~ish free... Also the previous owner did the bedliner I thought it was sweet when I bought it

Its a 2011 and thanks for the compliments and I found a buyer for it I was able to walk away with cash, the deal is pending but I don't see why it wouldn't go threw at this point.

The dealer offered 21k I was able to get 28K

Sorry but the Gen 2 is just better in every way IMO I couldnt find a reason to keep both I already have 2 BMWs that are money pits

Good job on the sale! And you're right, no point keeping both of the same vehicles. The only way Gen1s will keep their value is if Ford doesn't introduce a V8 in the Raptor, ever, which as many have mentioned, is doubtful. There's just too much demand for the V8 - I.E. most of the Gen1 community.

The day a V8 is confirmed, will be the day Gen1 and current Gen2 values drop like lead. Better you sell before that day comes around and you're barely getting 10k for the truck. The only Gen1s I see keeping value then are immaculate mall crawlers that sell as collector's vehicles to enthusiasts.

Bullishone - we get it, the buyer's remorse is strong in you. Your new truck is far far better, in every way possible, than your old one. Engine, transmission, everything. *wink wink* :mwah1:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept Gen 1.

Have to get Gen 2 setup the way I want it first. Who knows may just end up keeping both....need more time in Gen 2...It is better and so much fun to drive street wise...now off road is where I need to test yet.

Attachments

• Raptors.jpg
    Raptors.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 86

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking at trading mine in on a Power Wagon. That 6.4 liter Hemi in a 2500 series truck is nice. Like has been said the eco boot 3.5 liter really after the end of the day, regardless of the v-8 noises pumping through its stereo is a v-6. For most all of you street pounders who do little to no off roading then that will work fine. For me I need something that has the low end torque of the v-8. Ask anyone and they will tell you a v8 is ten times better than a highly boosted v6 or smaller displacement motor when it comes to off roadness.

If Ford ever does a v-8 two turbo then watch out that would be a monster until then no 3.5 liter high boost v6 for me unless its in a Mustang or something.