To Sell or Keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't a feeler Im just wondering if there are people out here who are in the position of owning both a Gen 1 and Gen2, and why did you sell or keep your Gen 1?

I recently picked up my Gen 2 and I anticipated trading in my Gen 1, but the dealer offered a crazy low amount and I decided to keep it and maybe try to sell it third party.... I haven't tried to sell it yet and so far I'm keeping it but maybe not.

Do you think the prices will raise in the future for these trucks? I was offered 21k for mine.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. It'll go down in value, no point in keeping a generation 1 IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Need more info details on your Gen 1. Don't listen to these Gen2 bozo's. Vehicles always goes down in value, including Gen2's. Dealer is low balling and good for you to walk away from that nonsense. Unless we are talking a 2010 with 200k+ miles and in fair shape

OP
OP
P

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a crewcab, entire truck bedlined, light bar slightly fading, camberg upper Aarms, I think its the middle package in terms of stock features. I did recently upgrade the trans cooler and power steering pump to the howe high presser system

All the shocks were rebuilt at 86,000 miles

6.2 V8

105,000 miles 2 owners

The headlights "C" change to yellow and blinks with the turn signals

IMG_2379_zpspdhetfhw.jpg

11006c51-eeeb-4111-b610-ff56c8d1f0c1_zpsbdxzakur.png
DSC_2703_zpsrloz86zu.jpg
IMG_2709_zpskxh3gget.jpg

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is the truck? What did the dealer offer you? Looks really nice in the pictures BTW

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see them going up in value. Maybe if Ford never brings a V8 back, but they will eventually. Too many people want a V8, and they have to keep up with the Jones' power wise. Eventually more displacement will be needed for that- you can't keep cranking the boost and still sell it as an engine that runs on 87.

Dealer will always low ball you on trade in. If you have the time and patience, sell it on Craigslist or Facebook. Do you get a tax break on the trade in? Need to take that into account as well. Check NADA, KBB and Edmunds. Between the three you should have a good idea what a reasonable trade-in value is, and what a reasonable private party price is. Figure in any tax advantage from trading it in, and determine which option will get you the most money.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wait a sec, did you say the ENTIRE truck was bedlined??

That is why the dealer low balled it, I would too. That is going to be a hard sell for them unless they find that one buyer who likes that look. Surely you knew that when you made that decision to do that?