Seat Heater Immediately Turns Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't flame me if this has been run into the ground on another thread. I tried to use the search and kept being re-routed to spam.

It has been unseasonably warm and I have not used the drivers seat heater although the wife has used hers with no issues. I tried mine last night and while the lights on the switch came on they immediately turned off.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The element in your seat is bad. Mine is the same way, but I live in AZ so I haven't repaired it. They're like $40 or something from Ford.

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The element in your seat is bad. Mine is the same way, but I live in AZ so I haven't repaired it. They're like $40 or something from Ford.

I appreciate the diagnosis. I shall order a replacement before next winter :)

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had to replace both of mine.

Level of effort/difficulty for taking the seat apart and removal of the leather? Thinking I should buy the parts and take to an interior shop to perform the work...

Dan096

Reaction score
Not that difficult, mat is glued to foam pad,have to slowly peel pad off of foam.razor blade helps.Leather is held down with HOG rings,have to cut old ones to remove leather,installing new ones kinda suck,need hog ring pliers but can use long needle nose pliers.