******** around in the driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway. In that 1/2 mile, there's about 600' of elevation rise. It's also shaded by some big pine trees in places.

When it snows, and it did, it can get to be compacted snow/ice. The UPS and FED X drivers "complain some" to put it mildly (the Direct TV guy wasn't all that happy either). I went down it with the JD crawler and bladed off the heavy stuff but the ground was frozen and still had some ice.

My usual practice is to burn the bad spots. As in drop it into low and put it on the floor and rough it up. I had the Raptor doing it's thing and having a ball. First time I've ever had the "don't do that" light come on. Everytime I had the Raptor near sideways, the light came on. I didn't bother hitting the button and turning it off. Hell, I was just having fun....:ROFLJest:

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPS and FedEx both refuse to come within a mile and a half of my house from mid December to about March. I have to go meet them at a county plowed road.

Did this a few weeks ago. The wife was not amused, stared out the front door with "The Look" as I had my fun.

11820-driveway-fun.jpg

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway. In that 1/2 mile, there's about 600' of elevation rise. It's also shaded by some big pine trees in places.

When it snows, and it did, it can get to be compacted snow/ice. The UPS and FED X drivers "complain some" to put it mildly (the Direct TV guy wasn't all that happy either). I went down it with the JD crawler and bladed off the heavy stuff but the ground was frozen and still had some ice.

My usual practice is to burn the bad spots. As in drop it into low and put it on the floor and rough it up. I had the Raptor doing it's thing and having a ball. First time I've ever had the "don't do that" light come on. Everytime I had the Raptor near sideways, the light came on. I didn't bother hitting the button and turning it off. Hell, I was just having fun....:ROFLJest:

I'm jealous! With a good tailwind I think I could spit the entire length of my driveway.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one done the math on what degree of slope that is 600' in only 400 yards

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Steep

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I'd guess 20%

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Be fun in a wagon or sled

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My driveway has gone to absolute shit this Fall and Winter since it's been so wet. Needs about 20 tons of rock.

It's almost as rough as TRR.